A Conversation for Just a Minute - the Radio Programme

Stanley Unwin?

Post 1

Stealth Munchkin

you don't mention him - I'm sure he was semi-regular on the programme in the 80s.
Also, it's not the 'minuet' waltz, it's the 'minute' waltz...

Stanley Unwin?

Post 2

Demon Drawer

You are right, I couldn't mention every guest now could I. Had to mention the four that did get mention though, as for the Minuet Wlatz whoops. I'll let Sam know.

Stanley Unwin?

Post 3

Just zis Guy, you know? † Cyclist [A690572] :: At the 51st centile of ursine intelligence

Since he's never been known to utter two consecutive intelligible words, that must have made great radio!

Stanley Unwin?

Post 4

Demon Drawer

True.

Stanley Unwin?

Post 5

Researcher 199481

I only know of him being on the show once (or perhaps twice as they record 2 shows at a time). I remember it well. Unfortunately, Stanley's capacity to speak rubbish didn't wholly see him through and he had trouble keeping it going for long in this difficult game, seeming rather out of his depth, as Kenneth Williams later recorded in his diary. Thankfully, during the game Kenneth took the mantle and spoke magnificently in gobbledygook (as the only other exponent as far as we know of Stanley's language).

ADE

Stanley Unwin?

Post 6

Just zis Guy, you know? † Cyclist [A690572] :: At the 51st centile of ursine intelligence

Not sure of the spelling, but I believe it was Englitwentifido.

Stanley Unwin?

Post 7

Researcher 202754

Stanley Unwin appeared only twice on Just A Minute, once in 1987, and once in 1989. On both occasions he only took part in one of the two shows at the recording... in the 1989 show Paul Merton making his debut had the seat for the second recording!

Stanley Unwin?

Post 8

Cardew-Thwaite_Pratt

For the secondole tito -

There was nothing unintelligible about the late great Professor Stanley Unwin to any INTELLIGENT person.

i bidder you goodly daylode.....agaim!

Key: Complain about this post