A Conversation for The Dinner Party

At The Table

Post 1

GreeboTCat

At The Table

Post 2

coelacanth

*Various smells are drifting in from the kitchen. Some are drifting in from Greebo too. Coelacanth waits politely to be seated*
smiley - fish

At The Table

Post 3

GreeboTCat

~Greebo pushes over a large trolley... she beckons the Butler (Menza) to help her... and they gently place Coely's tank on the trolley and puch it close to the table...~

Hmmm... me just got a written warning from the kitchen for leaving dirty footprints over the floor... ~frown~... and now you say me smells... ~big bright grin~... me had a bath on 17th May... er.. 1999...

At The Table

Post 4

coelacanth

*Smiling as the tank is comfortably placed at the table.*
Thanks Greebo. Do you like my hat? Babel-17 gave it to me. He has one too. smiley - smiley
*Indicates smart and sophisticated hat with holders for the drink and integral straw running from the them, around the brim and down to coelacanth's mouth.*
Just the thing for this occasion doncha think?
smiley - fish

At The Table

Post 5

GreeboTCat

Oh me says... that's an absolutely dahrling hat my dear... ~grin~

At The Table

Post 6

coelacanth

*Greebo and Coelacanth air kiss*
Do you have any Bolly Sweetie? It's what all sophisticated cats and fish drink I hear.
smiley - fish

At The Table

Post 7

GreeboTCat

Ohh yaaaa sweetie... ~grin~... let me just ring for Menza... ~Greebo picks up a little bell and rings it gaily... ~

At The Table

Post 8

Menza

You rang my Lord.

At The Table

Post 9

Wagtail

is this the right place for the dinner party

At The Table

Post 10

Gwennie

Hi Wagtail! Yes this is the right place for the dinner party, I think.

*Pulls up a chair at the table and tucks a serviette into her collar*

Ohhhh! A sof...spof...'fisticated dinner party! Fizzy drink too! This is all too much, Greebo! How posh! smiley - winkeye

*Gazes at the cutlery set out before her and whispers to Coely*

Psst! Which one do I use first, please?

Menza volunteered to be a butler? *Wonders what the wages are* smiley - smiley

At The Table

Post 11

Baldrick

*Baldrick pokes his head out of the kitchen door*

Coffee, anyone? Plain, decaff, espresso and French

At The Table

Post 12

Gwennie

Espresso please, with soya milk, but without the crunchy bits on the top please. smiley - winkeye

At The Table

Post 13

Baldrick

Coming right up

*Baldrick withdraws*

At The Table

Post 14

Menza

*walks out of kitchen with a silver trey with a coffee pot, milk jug and sugar bowl*

Would sir, madam care for a drink?

At The Table

Post 15

GreeboTCat

This is getting better ~Grin~... Lots of friends to chat to... ~grin~... Hey Wagtail... er... sorry about this... but me is not er sure... you know... which place you should sit in... it's male female...
Greebo
Doc John
Coely
Sionnach
Gwennie
Babel-17
Wagtail???

Sorry... but it's sometimes so hard to tell...

Oh hello Menza... good show... can you get some Bolly for Coely and I... thankyou sweetie... ~grin~

At The Table

Post 16

Menza

Certainly Ma'am

*returns to the kitchen, only to reappear with a champagne bottle*

At The Table

Post 17

coelacanth

Excuse me Dr J
*coelacanth leans round to share Bolly with Greebo*

Excuse me Sionnach
*coelacanth leans round to whisper to Gwennie*
it's no use asking me which knife and fork to use! I have fins, and Greebo said she was going to employ a lady in waiting just for me. I need the food cut up and sprinkled on the top of the tank.
Do you like my hat?
*waves past Gwennie to Babel-17 who is wearing a very similar one*
smiley - fish

At The Table

Post 18

GreeboTCat

~Greebo returns from a quick visit to the garden~.. Guess what me has seen sweetie... ~grin~... a rather odd little man collecting insects...

Best dinner party conversation

Post 19

coelacanth

Reely! How fraitfully interesting.
smiley - fish

At The Table

Post 20

Ishtar

...Ishtar walks in from the kitchen....and fixes the cat with an awful stare....her eyes sweep down and dwell in a meaningful fashion on the cat's feet......she sniffs....loudly....turns round and walks out again...

Key: Complain about this post