A Conversation for Football in Northern Ireland

No Subject

Post 1

diego

i thought it was a bit sad to see neil lennon getting such stick for representing his country. he gives his all for the north and that's the thanks he gets.what does anyone else think?

No Subject

Post 2

Woodpigeon

I worked in NI a few years ago, and I have to say that after visiting a match in Windsor Park, (NI vs Lithuania), I was fairly intimidated, to say the least. Football in NI seems to suffer from political tensions and sectarian hatred much worse than any other sport on the island of Ireland. Rugby, Hockey, Cricket and many other supposedly "British" sports are organised on a pan-island basis, and are much the better for it, with little agitation from anyone for separate leagues. I think its a great pity that NI football differs in this respect, and that incidences such as Neil Lennon's experience have happened from time to time.

CR

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more