A Conversation for Love

Love, the chemical answer.

Post 1

Cybernard

I've heard that when you fall in love with someone, you get high on speed-like endorphins. Explains a lot, hmm?

Love, the chemical answer... Reply

Post 2

Celtic Ewok

Explain God or the Devil.... Explain all the mysteries of the universe that people have argued over for generations... Of course scientists are going to attempt to explain everything through science, they wouldn't be scientists if they didn't. However, why is it that people fall in love and stay in love for a life-time, yes I relize the divorce rate in most countries is extremely high (is that due to social standards or does today's individual suddenly realize that love is not forever?), and will never choose another partner? Granted I understand that there must be some scientific reason for it all... but, do we as a community of individuals have to believe that science must control our lives and not let us use something that science cannot explain... our imagination? Couldn't it be possible that this magnificent thing called love could cause these endorphines to be released instead of the other way around? Just dropping some suggestions, everyone is entitled to their own opinion... smiley - smiley

Post 3

Researcher 130431

Please tell me why people can fall in love with someone and the other person will never recipricate these feelings,
sometimes you will feel the urge to confess tour undying love for this certain person but they have no feelings for you
whatsoever leaving you with a sick uneasy feeling that can last for months?
Then why do some people on drugs (possibly ecstacy) believe that they love everyone and everything?
Especially when they wake up the next morning and regret all that they did the night before?

Post 4

ZenMondo

There is another conversation about Love happening over in the Freedom From Faith Foundation ( http://www.h2g2.com/A254314 )forum and some of the same stuff is being hashed over here as well. My latest reply to the forum is at: http://www.h2g2.com/F32217?thread=54317&post=425354 Love is a very broad topic and transcends the petty emotions that make or break relationships.

Post 5

Cybernard

This is problary not 100% correct, but drugs like ecstacy stimulates production of those endorphins or whatever....

Post 6

CenterSeeker

people are all so foolish...
Im so glad im not one of them... YEGH!

Post 7

Emily 'Twa Bui' Ultramarine

Whyever so?

Post 8

CenterSeeker

they excrete wierd fluids, and then they FLING them all over the place!
ewwww, gross, right?

Post 9

CenterSeeker

um also because they tend to thingk about things to much, I mean, some stuff should just be exluded from analysis. For example, do you try and predict the diameter of your poop and how it affects the angle it hits the water at when yur takin a s**t?? If you did that, you'd realize that taking a s**t would lose its fun pretty quickly.
It would, however, help cure the poop-splashback syndrome quite thoroughly...

Post 10

CenterSeeker

and also, I agree full heartedly with Celtic Ewok

Post 11

Sprinks Leda

the nerochemistry of love....
is that it s chemically indistinguishable from severe obsessive compulsive disorder. I think the ppl who figured this out won an ignobel prize, which you'll be pleased to know goes to researchers who work on things nobody should! :o)

Post 12

Sprinks Leda

the nerochemistry of love....
is that it s chemically indistinguishable from severe obsessive compulsive disorder. I think the ppl who figured this out won an ignobel prize, which you'll be pleased to know goes to researchers who work on things nobody should! :o)

Post 13

anonymousalien

love is chemistry! it all makes sense now! the reason i always screw up when it comes to love is because i similarly screw up when it comes to chemistry!
...so, if i study real hard in science this year, and improve my chem grade, does that mean i'll figure out the secret to rquited love?

Key: Complain about this post