A Conversation for Love

If you're lucky...

Post 1

Is mise Duncan

...you may fall in love several times in your life.
If you're very lucky this will be with the same person.

If you're lucky...

Post 2

IanG

If you're even luckier they may even fall in love with you too...

If you're lucky...

Post 3

Chrome101

*bitter tone* Ever heard of unrequited love?

Sorry, it's just that I got in a really bad mix-up today involving e-mails and precisely what i thought of someone, and know i'm going to lose the most beautiful woman in the world.

*extreme self-pity*

If you're lucky...

Post 4

IanG

*sympathy*

(Don't assume that I was posting on the basis of entirely positive experience...smiley - sadface )

If you're lucky...

Post 5

Slim

it is possible to be in love with one person but be married to another person. This is the unfortunate situation i find myself in. Love is a trap set by women to see if what we say to them in those moments of passion are true

If you're lucky...

Post 6

Shorty

Easy way out of that one is don't get in the trap in the first place. I know it's heartless but things are a lot easier if you just don't tell them. And yes I have had bad experiences with women. smiley - sadface

If you're lucky...

Post 7

Slim

i didn't think it was possible to be with the person that i love and thus started dateing someone else who i eventually married. i recently saw the 1st person and she revieled that alough she was
married she still thought about me..... so in some ways i didn't really expect to get into this situation...

does this make sense

If you're lucky...

Post 8

Shorty

In a word...yes.

If you're lucky...

Post 9

Chrome101

Ouch!

Love is a terrible thing. it starts with a few stray thoughts touching on the particular person, and then it develops to lingering stares, and eventually you feel afraid just saying hello to them.
You become paranoid and start to think "Does she love someone else?" "Does she even know i exist?" "Does she think I'm scum who just crawled out of a sewer?"

If you're lucky...

Post 10

jqr

I don't know if it's as bad as all that. I was eavesdropping on a conversation sunday afternoon in the deli. One woman was asking the other what she should write in an email to a fellow whom she wanted to get to know better. The other woman encouraged her to say bland things--I guess in an effort to make the guy know that she would be interested in him, too. It seemed really false and pretentious and un-loving. I think that communication inspires love, and vice versa. To develop love, you should try to be in relationships that emphasize communication and trust and working together.

Hope you're feeling better about the 2 women.

If you're lucky...

Post 11

Chrome101

That's very nice, jqr. Unfortunately, I am a social cripple, and get palpitations anytime a woman wants to speak to me.

I do have a few female platonic friends, where nothing sexual is involved. Thus do I maintain my slender grip on reality...

If you're lucky...

Post 12

jqr

Hmmm. I sympathize with your troubles. I used to think I was too crusty to ever have a girlfriend I could get along with. *in my best advice-column voice*
one day you will meet someone who is as much of a freak as you are and you will be very happy together. Just keep reminding her of why you like her and everything will be OK.

If you're lucky...

Post 13

Chrome101

Thanks... *chokes back a tear*
Hey, I have a little image saying I'm a freak on my page!

If you're lucky...

Post 14

SkippyVicious

There's one quote I've found that pretty much covers most things in life.

"Of all sad words for tongue or pen, the saddest are these, 'What might have been?' " --unknown

If you're lucky...

Post 15

jrn

I dunno maybe it's because I'm just 13 but I know someone who is as much of a freak, if not a little more, as me, and I like her a lot (I'm reluctant to call it love, considering that my belief is that true love doesn't exist), but we're not very happy together. There's just a lot of tension. And she knows I like her and why I like her. I know nothing about her side of things (I don't know whether she likes me at all). And middle schools over, and we're going to different high schools, and it's possible - likely - that I'm going to be in a boarding school on the other side of the country, so I wouldn't really call that happily ever after.

Maybe someone should right a guide entry on the pessimist's perspective of love.

If you're lucky...

Post 16

jrn

I dunno maybe it's because I'm just 13 but I know someone who is as much of a freak, if not a little more, as me, and I like her a lot (I'm reluctant to call it love, considering that my belief is that true love doesn't exist), but we're not very happy together. There's just a lot of tension. And she knows I like her and why I like her. I know nothing about her side of things (I don't know whether she likes me at all). And middle schools over, and we're going to different high schools, and it's possible - likely - that I'm going to be in a boarding school on the other side of the country, so I wouldn't really call that happily ever after.

Maybe someone should write a guide entry on the pessimist's perspective of love.

If you're lucky...

Post 17

Chrome101

I could write that, but it'd have to be called Unrequited Love (where you love someone and they don't love you back) because that's the only type of love i have experience with.

I think it's really false and sickening in films tv etc. when the man and woman fall in love at first sight and live happily ever after. there's always going to be some kind of barrier (ie. I'm a freak and she hates me) and "the course of true love never runs smooth".
That's probably why I love Romeo and Juliet so much...

If you're lucky...

Post 18

Dragonfly. "A poet can survive everything but a misprint"-- Oscar Wilde

YAY!!! Romeo and Juliet!!! YAY!!!!

Oh... yeah...

Boy meets girl, blah de blah... that silly scenario rarely happens. I don't know about Love at first sight, but I do understand Lust at first sight, and even a Need to Procreate or Marry at first sight.

And and and!!! Conversation in a relationship is VERY important!!! Even and when it's one-sided. smiley - tongueout

As far as finding THE ONE, I'm not sure there is ONE... I like to think we spirits reconvene in each life, in our loving little circles... Mother-daughter relationship one lifetime, friend-friend in another... Without the family and friends we cherish, without our mentors and those who we need to mentor, what are we!?? We're really not anything anyone could truly fall in love with, are we!??

I think our good memories as well as our bad contribute to our being... yeah... I had a great way to explain this, and now I think I have gone and lost it!!! DEAR ME!!!

Well... the people who love us(who can be parents and friends and others) make us feel good. When we feel good, we are interested in the fun things of existence!!! Like LOVE smiley - smiley so it's not your own heart and soul that pull you towards another person, is it!?? In a way, yes... but that heart and soul learned from others...

Love at first sight

Post 19

SkippyVicious

Recently I was watching a nice bit of independent film, "Floundering" which had the quote, "If you walk into a room, and see someone who you're instantly attracted to, then get the $%#@ out of that room." Nice quote, and in retrospect it makes perfect sense.

If you're lucky...

Post 20

Tempest

jm you have my complete sympathy.
It was the toughest thing in the world to get my current boyfriend to go out with me. I was infatuated with him for 8 months before he finally said he would. He made me wait a long time because he didn't believe that any girl would like him as much as I told him I did. But he gave in. So we dated all of our senior year of high school and the following summer. I left to go to college 4 hours away from him. It was the most miserable time I've ever been through. Now I'm leaving for school again next month and we don't know what we're going to do. We both believe that we were meant to be together but he has some serious insecurity problems and he's always thinking I'm going to leave him for someone at school. I thought that this last year would have proved to him that I only want him but he doesn't seem to get it.

Key: Complain about this post