A Conversation for h2g2 FAQ: Your Journal

stupidity

Post 61

boo

To quote Forrest Gump "Stupid is as stupid does". If that is the case then if everyone who is stupid don't educate themselves then the stupidity will feed on it's self and never stop. Then again, I don't consider myself to be stupid but there are times when my actions have screamed stupidity. Therefor sometimes it must be as if we are temporarily insane with stupidity.

stupidity

Post 62

Blue Bird

This is the Thread I was looking for.
I made a note on my Journal: said By Anonymous:
What is the difference between genius and stupidity?
Genius has limits. smiley - smiley

stupidity

Post 63

marklesparkle

Very well put.

I've been working on a stupidity drive at the university of life.
And why not? It's an unlimited source of effortlessness.
It starts with a truth - hence existence.
And gets altered and/or ignored ever after.
Sort of like static-electricity ...
or a random illogic generator left running overnight.
Trouble is the energy flies away
and it's terribly annoying to work with.
smiley - cheers

stupidity

Post 64

IdaMang

I'm no expert in viral research, but I think Stupidity is a contagious disease which science does not understand. Some people get it and never recover from it's ill effects (i.e. George W. Bush), and some people get it for moments at a time; it only lasts as long as it takes for their stupidity immune system to fight off the infection and return the person to their normal selves. Have you ever noticed that a conversation with a person suffering from the effects of stupidity has a definite stupid causing effect on you?

stupidity

Post 65

logicus tracticus philosophicus

smiley - ant

stupidity

Post 66

pussycat1973 (Unofficial h2g2 Ranger)

If you split stupidity like the atom you are left with celebrity and just plain old daftness!

stupidity

Post 67

Gazongola-Small Time Whovian and Big Time Nutter (and now old enough to drink, but politics is still a less favourable subject)

And he who laughs last laughs longest

stupidity

Post 68

logicus tracticus philosophicus

smiley - football

stupidity

Post 69

Shagrath (Join the Metal Appreciators' Society @ A2556489)

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."
"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

Amongst others...www.despair.com

stupidity

Post 70

Lostit - Instigator of the Chaos for Thingite

I think a point got skipped here. There are certain variations of stupidity. Naivity, naturally dumb. Ignorance, chosen naivity. Stupidity, overly ignorant. Idiocy, non-voter.
Now what was the point of these explanation of statements. I don't think stupidity is everywhere, I think it is more mob mentality that is what gets us. Still no point, nor sense.
Okay I know nothing.

stupidity

Post 71

smitmaz

Not neccersarily true, Glasgow airport has been using weasels to clean jets for many years and there have been many accidents, most of them fatal.
Wheras due to them having a better union, the Eagles merely deal with baggage.

stupidity

Post 72

Blue Bird

What is the difference between genius and stupidity?
Genius has limitations....

Greetings from Gecko smiley - smiley

stupidity

Post 73

loneflyer

I see stupidity every day, I have therefore come to conclude that in some of homo erectus this is a consciously chosen condition brought on by the belief that it will impress other similar members of said species thus allowing the individual in question membership of the pack where he/she will never need to fear any form of challenge to their supid behaviour patterns as all other pack members behave in the same stupid way!

stupidity

Post 74

purplelynn

One of my favorite authors once said:

"The only thing more plentiful in the universe than hydrogen is stupidity."

Now I don't know if that is a direct Harlan Ellison quote, or if he got it from somewhere else, but it really dosen't matter.

But, On the other hand, we are a pretty self important species. Just because there is so much of the stuff on earth, dosen't mean that stupidity is a universal matter.

I mean just how much of the dang thing do us little humans acutally have mapped afterall

stupidity

Post 75

mort tolaon

Stupidity isn't quite so common as its cousin, misunderstanding. Misunderstanding just leads to stupidity in much the same way as foreplay leads to sex. . . . Of course there wouldn't be quite so many stupid people if there wasn't so much sex . . . which means that the most common element in the universe is the male hormone.

stupidity

Post 76

helga danielsen

Great! I really liked this definition very much!I call them the "gammas", happily going about, singing of their uniqueness and convinced of their superiority.

stupidity

Post 77

helga danielsen

Forgot whose post I thought great; it is loneflyer's.

stupidity

Post 78

Làré

Excuse me for sounding stupid ..this topic appears to be a conversational black hole .."sucked in again"..I guess we're too dumb to know better & too stupid to quit..."strong like bull smart like streetcar" us are...

stupidity

Post 79

Làré

imagine how stupid can one get ...replying to onself...but on a more positive note, while cruising through this black hole of stupidity I have stumbled across the Darwin Awards
http://www.darwinawards.com/
which seems to be the most entertaining commentatary so far on this topic..
so if your chronically unemployed and need some cheering up check out the site

stupidity

Post 80

Lostit - Instigator of the Chaos for Thingite

THe Darwin awards are funny as hell and have been around for a while.
But it can be rather morbid, considering its the award for the stupidest way to die. And you will soon notice most of the people are Australian, English, American, Canadian (not in that order, if in order America would be first and England second).

Key: Complain about this post