A Conversation for Harry Potter

The Fat Friar...

Post 1

Phoeniks

...is a monk, right? Monks are usually members of a certain religious group, e.g. Christianity, Buddhism..right? And yet there is no religion ever mentionned in the magical world of Harry Potter. smiley - wizard
So how can there be a man who attended Hogwarts [in Hufflepuff house] and goes on to become a monk??? He must have been trained to be a wizard, because if he hadn't, he wouldn't be still representing Hufflepuff.
Can we assume that Christianity or other religions are as much a part of the wizarding world as the Muggle world? I've been reading these books for years [not continuously obviously] and this has never occured to me before....I am very fogged.

Any ideas?

The Fat Friar...

Post 2

Medibot

I don't see why religion wouldn't be a part of the wizarding world. They celebrate Christmas and Easter for example.

And the Weasley's are clearly Irish Catholic with that red hair and all those kids!

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more