A Conversation for Kenny Everett

Kenny Everett Character

Post 1

Researcher 160527

Can anyone remember the character that Kenny used to play on his TV show, where it was all in black & white. It was a mime artist who would come on-screen with a black pen and draw things which then came to life (e.g. stairs, doors, etc). Behind these sketches was a piece of classical music, which had been re-recorded (on what sounded like a stylophone).
What was the characters name - It was always my favourite.

Kenny Everett Character

Post 2

vakart

Hi

I think the character was called Morris Minor (somehow related to Marcel Marceau?).

A video clip of the character plus other Everett stuff can be found at my tribute site everettweb at [URL removed by moderator]

Regards,
Tim

Kenny Everett Character

Post 3

Rozimodo

I am seeking a photo of the Kenny Everett DIY disasters character (preferably before 4pm today), as my mate is in hospital, having cut his thumb off with an electric sander whilst building a shed!!!! I figured it'd make a great get well card!
Can anyone help me?

Thanks in anticipation,

Roz

Kenny Everett Character

Post 4

Rozimodo

I am seeking a photo of the Kenny Everett DIY disasters character (preferably before 4pm today), as my mate is in hospital, having cut his thumb off with an electric sander whilst building a shed!!!! I figured it'd make a great get well card!
Can anyone help me?

Thanks in anticipation,

Roz

Kenny Everett Character

Post 5

Bassman - Funny how people never ceases to amaze me!

His name was Reg something or other, I'll see if I can find out more.

I am Bassman - one of the official meeters and greeters here at the site. To enable us to roll out the red carpet, you need to write an introduction to "Activate" your user space. Once you've done that you'll have other researchers dropping in for a chat smiley - biggrin

Bassman smiley - cool

Kenny Everett Character

Post 6

Researcher 201794

Dear Fellow Researcher

This reply is a long time coming as I have only just discovered the site and logged on.

In response to your query, the character's name is Maurice Mimer and his name is announced at the beginning of the first episode of the second series of the show (1982). Re-runs are currently screened on cable where I live and I saw this episode only two days ago.

Cheers.

Kenny Everett Character

Post 7

Bassman - Funny how people never ceases to amaze me!

Rozimodo,

I know this is a bit late, he was called Reg Prescott. I haven't managed to find any pics of him at any of the Kenny sites I have looked at though.

Bassman smiley - cool

Key: Complain about this post