A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2041

Dizzy H. Muffin

Hm ... I was just considering making an entry on the life and death of stars, only to discover that we've already got one: A42426993

Pity. I was going to compare the tug-of-war between gravity and nuclear fusion to that one animation from Monty Python And The Holy Grail. "STAYYYYY UP! ... *CRASH* STAYYYYY UP! ... *CRASH*"

Post 2042

SashaQ - happysad

This thread got away from me too, but even though it is NaJo time etc, I'm reading this evening as a break from writing smiley - biggrin

Post 2043

Pastey

Heya, not been in for a while as it's been rather busy in that "offline" life. The brewery's doing well, in fact I've sold out of beer!
We're brewing to capacity at the moment purely to try and build up some stock again!

Post 2044

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

*a tawny owl flaps in, as unobtrusively as possible, and settles on the back of an armchair*

*it has been years since he was last here, so for now, he just blinks, looks around and listens*

Post 2045

Woolly Mammoth

A mammoth wanders in as well.

Hello everyone - I was seeing Lil's paintings that she posted from our art competition many years ago, so thought I'd drop in.

Post 2046

Milla, h2g2 Operations

I have missed the Salon, and I am glad to see some old-timers return smiley - smiley

smiley - towel

Post 2047

Woolly Mammoth

I miss the quality of the debates we had here. We don't 'get that on Facebook or twitter.

Post 2048

Bluebottle

No-one else will ever sink to our levelsmiley - winkeye

<BB<

Post 2049

Rev Nick - dead man walking (mostly)

I am not a lot in-favour of FaceBook chatter - when it compares to things and places like the Atelier. It is all a little empty and cold.

Here, I offer some fresh baked pastries for the Christmas season (my bride is very adept with baking), and also a couple of "Brown Betty's" of tea that comes from England and Scotland. (I have friends in the very best places)

Post 2050

Pastey

Facebook is like a place where you can have inane offline chat with people you know, or know through someone.

Here you can talk randomly with random people.

Post 2051

Pastey

And yes, I'm still here smiley - winkeye

Post 2052

Todaymueller

And they don't come much more random than us lot.
Curry washed down with Spitfire this evening. Nothing on telly till' Fargo at ten so I am listening to some Dave Brubeck and Thelonious Monk on youtube. On the one hand it's great you can listen to music you may not have listened to otherwise if it wasn't for free. But on the other it diminishes it somehow by making it easy and disposable.

Post 2053

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*floats in unobtrusively, followed by Matina, who is pushing the tea tray obtrusively*

Post 2054

Mbougatses, anyone?

Ahem. I have an announcement, and this is what it is:

Those of you on Facebook and among my friends know that I have been displaying a retrospective of the Artrage Challenge I held here, back in 2005. It was fun, and we're going to do it again.

We don't have graphics capability here, so I'm asking salonistas and associates to post their work on Facebook. Think of it as cross-pollination.

I have more extensive instructions and links to some cool free art apps here: http://www.lilatladera.com/blog/artrage2.html

*snags a cup of tea and a mbougatse, and relaxes into one of the Lazy Bastard chairs, wondering if that could really, possibly have been Beeblefish she saw*

Post 2055

Pastey

YAY!!! An excuse for me to do some drawing again! smiley - biggrin

Post 2056

[RNick]

Post 2057

Mol - on the new tablet

Oh I have *missed* the conversation here. Are we going to decorate the tree?

Something strange happened when we decorated our real-life tree at home this year. I've taken to buying a new decoration when we go on holiday or an outing (which is why our tree has a daffodil (Wales) and a giraffe (London Zoo) on it). Anyway, as the 'holidays' decorations go onto the tree, we remember the particular holiday associated with each one.

And then there was a painted china bird. I have no recollection of even seeing it before, let alone being on a holiday and buying it. And neither does anybody else. What's more, it was in the box of decorations, which means it must have arrived in the family before we packed everything away on 6 January 2015, which means we must have hung it on the tree last year.

But nobody remembers it.

I'm wondering if it arrived in our box of decorations through a wormhole in the time-space continuum or something. I mean, all those Christmas memories, packed close together, perhaps they can Do Stuff.

Mol

Post 2058

Pastey, I'm counting on you to participate. smiley - ok

And Bruce is right over there by the hot tub. Remember, he decided not to be shipped back to the Magic Forest last year, so decorate away. smiley - smiley

Post 2059

So Mol, I suppose the word "eclectic" might fit your tree? I like your tradition. smiley - smiley

Post 2060

Dizzy H. Muffin

My only Christmas decoration is this tacky USB-powered color changing tree about the size of my hand. Just about the maximum festivity I can deal with as far as my own apartment is concerned ... smiley - winkeye

I always spend Christmas with family, anyway.

Key: Complain about this post