A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

108Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 3701

Afgncaap5

Symlpost! Congrats on getting the Internet back on the first. That'll be a festive way to kick off the new year.

Post 3702

Pastey

Goo should be okay, are all posts showing empty or just a few? And can you let me know which ones?

Post 3703

Afgncaap5

Just a few, really.

In fact, an oddity just happened similar to it. The first part of my post was blank, and it looked almost like the end of the message thread, but scrolling down enough showed me my post and only the very beginning of yours, cut off before the Reply button came into view. I clicked refresh and it seemed to work just fine.

If it's not an oddity with the Goo, then it must be the ol' reality warper. Or some other problem on my end.

Post 3704

Afgncaap5

And going back a page just now to investigate further reveals the problem to be a bit random. Post 3684 was blank, and it was immediately followed by post 3693 (also blank). A refresh seemed to put everything in order. Bizarre. It's probably nothing, just the backlash from somebody having a Christmas miracle somewhere.

Post 3705

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Pastey just put Pliny the Younger into production, Affy, so there may be a glitch, but the Ripley skins are growing very creaky. But don't worry, we won't let them die. There will always be Goo.

And it is good to see you. Have you been writing? Did you bring us any inflatable squids?

Post 3706

Witty Moniker

Merry, merry Christmas, fellow Salonistas! smiley - holly

Post 3707

Titania (gone for lunch)

Affy, try hitting F5 a couple of times until the empty posts show properly. I'm still using Goo too (sorry Pastey) but refreshing the thread usually helps.

Post 3708

clare

Merry Christmas everyone! Someone left you a gift, Lil, over here: http://www.h2g2.com/dna/h2g2/brunel/F19585?thread=8306769&latest=1 If this link doesn't work then go to my space and click on HooToo Christmas giving thread

Post 3709

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

And today I obtained my license. I am officially a teacher!

Post 3710

What a great end to the year for you, GDZ!

V gave me an amazon gift certificate. I don't know about the iTunes store because they won't let me in, but I have had a wonderful time looking through the bins at amazon. Tonight I found the interpretation of Resphigi's Pines of Rome that I love the best, Arturo Toscanini conducting the Philadelphia Orchestra. It's old, but it's superb. And then I found Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini played by Philippe Entremont with the Philadelphia Orchestra, Eugene Ormandy conducting.

Disclosure: I was raised near Philadelphia...

Post 3711

Oh, and I got Vaughan Williams' Fantasy on a Theme of Thomas Tallis, Neville Mariner conducting Academy of St. Martins in the Fields. What a name for an orchestra.

The final catch will be a little something by Georges Enesco. smiley - smiley

Post 3712

Santragenius V

Sounds nice, Lil!

tracker - I'm not sure you'd want that smiley - tongueout

As for the smiley - a little long in the head shape, with a quite smile more or less all the time I should say smiley - smiley

Nice and quiet Christmas yesterday evening (y'know, we do Christmas the 24th in the evening over here). Yummy food, goose & duck and plenty of leftovers for today.

Only 5 of us - us four plus my Mother-in-law. A little odd not having my Mother here for the first time - but her Alzheimer has progressed to a point where she zones out after 10 minutes out of her usual surroundings and it takes her two weeks to get over even a short outing so it's not really the thing to do to her anymore.

And then my lovely kids got together and got these for me:
http://goo.gl/GX9yO6
smiley - smiley

Have promised both Mrs SG V and myself that we need to go and see a proper play at The Globe sooner rather than later after our tour there last year!

Merry Christmas everyone! smiley - xmastree

*falls over in a soft sofa and admires the spruce*

Post 3713

Bald Bloke

[BB]

Back from Lunch smiley - ale, will now demonstrate the art of cooking whilst under the affluance. smiley - holly

Merry Festivus all smiley - xmastree

Congrats to GDZ, that is quite an acheivement.smiley - applause

Post 3714

Bald Bloke

Well that were good smiley - cracker

You would almost think I'd got it all prepped before I went out.

There must have been enough the guests are full and there is spare smiley - xmaspud

Post 3715

Mmmmmm, I haven't had Christmas pudding in decades. People over here don't understand it.

Matina, a Bailey's over ice, please!

I didn't get the Enesco; there's just the one recording, and the sound engineer must have been a rock musician with no understanding of the proper ambiance of a concert hall. Everything is miked up close and all you can hear after a while is the damn triangle.

So I bought Satie's Gymnopedies instead. smiley - smiley

Post 3716

Titania (gone for lunch)

Oooo... Satie and the Gymnopedie - thanks for reminding me Lil, I have some notes for it but haven't listened to it for quite some while...

Post 3717

There were reviews from some people who are very musically literate. If I like the pianist, Jean-Yves Thiboudet, I might buy the whole album.

Post 3718

Crumbs. There were ~good~ reviews.

Post 3719

Titania (gone for lunch)

And I'm referring to no 1, sorry.

Post 3720

Sorry to flood the thread -- but I just checked your link, Santra. Those are the cufflinks you described and said you admired, aren't they! What a thoughtful gift.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more