I'm sure boggrin would be appropriate in certain situations. smiley - silly

The Foyer

Post 143

myk

smiley - raisedeyebrowsmiley - laugh

The Foyer

Post 144

myk

Not here i fear?smiley - raisedeyebrowmaybe after a couple of smiley - pggbsmiley - biggrin

The Foyer

Post 145

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

lofty, this isn't where conversations usually linger -- after all, you're basically standing at the top of a flight of stairs, next to a fancy little table covered with calling cards. Everybody hangs out in the conversation. Come on in!

The Foyer

Post 146

V

adds card (caligraphy "V") to the pile on the table, heads for the Salon to find the conversation

The Foyer

Post 147

U14105138

I apologise for posting in the main conversation before here. Faux pas indeedsmiley - blush.

My name is Neil, I'm new to h2g2, & having read a few threads, this has a good vibesmiley - smiley. I would like to become a member of your community Lil, but I am aware that acceptance is my responsibility.
So I would like to leave a calling card (albeit after the fact).

Best wishes,

Neil

The Foyer

Post 148

rowlybirkin - Clearing the boundary by the Severn - Creator of non working thingite smileys

adds card to silver salver. It sits atop the pile shimmering in its unlikelihood. From one angle it appears to be no more than a small white rectangle of card with black times new roman script in 8 point font bearing the single word-Rowly. Viewed from the other side of the table, some strange deformation of the space time continuum caused by light waves bouncing off the third stage of the unreality indexing mode, like a boomerang off a dingo, causes a psychedelic extravaganza of colours and sounds, mostly Jimmy Hendrix, but with undertones of Leonard Cohen ("and you don't get more undertone than that", said young Alice).

The Foyer

Post 149

Santragenius V

Now that's an impressive card! Be welcome to add undertones to the main ocnversation smiley - smiley

The Foyer

Post 150

Todaymueller

Blimey Rowley , that makes all the dog eared efforts underneath look a bit tawdry smiley - biggrin .

The Foyer

Post 151

Haragai

*steps in*
*looks round*
*notices platter and drops one of his own*

[Haragai]

Hello everyone.

*looks round*

The Foyer

Post 152

Haragai

Post is not same as Preview, fool

The Foyer

Post 153

aka Bel - A87832164

What's that noise in here?

Oh, hello Haragai. smiley - smiley

The Foyer

Post 154

Haragai

yeah, sorry, tomorrow I'll order paper businesscards instead of stainless steel ones.

The Foyer

Post 155

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Hallo Haragai! Can I have that stainless steel card? *fishes it out of the platter on the occasional table* It will only confuse the gardener bot -- he comes up here regularly and takes all the collected cards away for compost.

Anyway, welcome, and please join us in the salon. smiley - smiley I'll put your card on the mantel.

The Foyer

Post 156

Geggs

Err, hello?

Do you know, in all the years I've been on hootoo I've never quite plucked up the courage to come to the Atelier before, despite the felling that I must be missing out on something by not being here.

Now I almost feel like a late arrival at a ball.

Is there likely to be a ball, by the way?

Geggs

The Foyer

Post 157

Witty Moniker

Hi, Geggs! Come in to the main salon and join the conversation.

There have been balls in the past. I'm sure there will be balls in the future. In the immediate future we will most likely be decorating a Goo Spruce for the upcoming holiday season.

The Foyer

Post 158

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Hi Geggs!

The Salon can be a bit daunting at first but everyone is welcome to come and join in!

The Foyer

Post 159

Geggs

Thank you both. smiley - biggrin I'll have a wander over to the Salon and see what I find.

*consults map*

*turns map around*

*turns map over*

*turns*

The Foyer

Post 160

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

*knocks very timidly on the door*
hello... I heard this is where all the nice friendly people hide...

Key: Complain about this post