A Conversation for Evil and the Christian God

The Great Theory of Evolution - Never Rely Your Natural Selection On It

Post 21

ZZ Zarniwoop

What's this crap about "scientists" not being able to create new species? Domestic ferrets used to be European polecats; but they are now a distinct species (NOT breed, species). Not scientists, but animal breeders ... there are domestic versions of a lot of different types of animals.

Unless you're so half-baked that you believe that Satan created "fake fossils" to cause us poor, ignorant mortals to doubt that God is the Creator, evolution is an obvious phenomenon.

Oh, well, it took hundreds of years for the various doctrines of organized Christian religion to accept that the world is round. It's going to take as long for evolution's reality to sink in, I guess.

ZZZarniwoop

Post 22

GraceK

The one that always trips me up is this:

If God is omnipotent and allows evil to exist, then surely he / she / it is just some games-player and we're merely pieces on a board - not a nice thought. Whereas if God is not omnipotent & evil exists as a balancing force then what's the point of worshipping a non-omnipotent being.

Personally I've come to believe that human beings have problems facing up to themselves - their urges, their wants & needs so they invent God(s) to shift the blame - someone else made them do it & it'll all be sorted out after I die. Heaven, Hell, Sin - these are ideas we use to distance ourselves from our own actions.

If you do something bad, then the Devil didn't make you do it, you just felt like it so live with the guilt because deep down in side most of us know right from wrong. And on the flip side, if you did something good then feel pleased with yourself for making the world a tiny bit better. Try and do what you know in your heart (& guts) is right and live as good a life as possible. Procreate if you feel like it - pass on your own moral standards to others. Try and be happy and make others happy. Make whatever time you have here on this planet as useful & enjoyable as possible.

At the end of the day your actions are your own. No one else. Face it.

smiley - fairy

Post 23

vladgently

one thing that you must forget is that though we have not seen an animal become a completely differnt species, we have seen specialization, or mini-evolutions, for an example just look at dogs. They started out from man taming wolves and then breeding out certain qualities, and breeding for other ones. That is a perfect example of evolution, and it only took a few centuries to achieve.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more