A Conversation for The Pub Quiz - Sponsored by Frink's Drinks and The PDRM

Spot the Tumbleweed

Post 61

Eeyore

Hi Munchkin. smiley - smiley

Not much to say, really. I'm pretty chuffed about coming fourth ~ even although I missed a complete round. I think we're probably all awaiting the winner's acceptance speech ~ not to mention the big match tomorrow.

However, I'd like to propose a vote of thanks for our marvellous and meticulous organiser ~ Munchkin!

As far as future categories go, how about "American TV programmes that have been broadcast in the UK"? If they've been broadcast in both countries, they are likely to have been broadcast in the rest of the English-speaking world so it wouldn't be too Anglo-centric.

And the winner is...

Post 62

svr

Acceptance speech... I don't think so!
A few lucky guesses in the T/F round is closer to the mark, plus a brain full of junk which is terrible because there doesn't appear to be much room left for anything useful. Some of those T/F's were very imaginative and highly amusing.

I'm looking forward to some new questions, but while you are waiting there is a rather interesting trivia daily challenge associated with an American National Public Radio show called CarTalk (which you can also listen to on RealAudio). Watch out often the questions are trick Q.s. Try it out at
http://cartalk.cars.com/Contests/Trivia/

See you next time,

Stuart

Thunderbirds are GO

Post 63

Munchkin

Well, Auntie of Pub Quiz is up, strating with General Knowledge, or random questions I thought of. Still looking for suggested topics by the way.

Thunderbirds are GO

Post 64

Munchkin

Ooo, newbies. Not many of you regulars yet though. And how come you are all getting the TFTM question right? I thought that was dead hard. Hmmph!

Thunderbirds are GO

Post 65

Weatherwax

Looked up the web site of course, but didn't know at the time this isn't allowed. Sorry, won't do it again!

Thunderbirds are GO

Post 66

Eeyore

Eeyore's Answers to Auntie are on their way. smiley - smiley

Thunderbirds are GO

Post 67

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

I love this stuff!

G7 smiley - winkeye

Thunderbirds are GO

Post 68

Bumblebee

Mostly wild guessing but; Im' in!

Thunderbirds are GO

Post 69

Munchkin

Well, send us an email then, and I'll tell you your score.

Thunderbirds are GO

Post 70

Bumblebee

But I did! Did I use the wrong adress ?
'll try the other one then.

Thunderbirds are GO

Post 71

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

"Munchkin, can you keep it open for another couple of days," types a suddenly busy person

Thunderbirds are GO

Post 72

Munchkin

a) I have now received your answers, I just didn't connect the two names together.
b) It is unlikely I will post the answers until next week, as I am still receiving entries.

The sign up forum

Post 73

§hadow

Count me in.
~S

Thunderbirds are GO

Post 74

Munchkin

Oi! Mr. Tunes! You got till I get bored at work tomorrow (Tuesday). Then I am putting the answers up. So get a move on smiley - tongueout

Round One answered, Round Two posted

Post 75

Munchkin

Well, it is actually Wednesday, so he can't complain. Anyway, here be the answers to Auntie Round one and Round Two. Have fun.

Post 76

Munchkin

Oh, and if you are in the area, why not come to a Beer Festival in London (details at http://www.h2g2.com/A390386 ) We are going to fail badly in the Pub Quiz there!

Post 77

Eeyore

Hi Munchkin. Been a bit busy of late. Hope Round Two of Auntie isn't closing yet. Eeyore's answers will be on their way soon. smiley - smiley

Post 78

Munchkin

Cooooeeee!!! I am about to close Round Two. There are a couple of you from round one yet to answer. Speak now or forever hold your peace.

Post 79

BluesSlider

Ooh, Ooh, answers (mainly wrong I suspect) on the way.

Post 80

§hadow

Munchkin, could you do me a monsterously huge favor. My brain is like runny tapioca pudding today, could you tell me if I sent in my answers or not yet? Yeeesh, talk about feeling dumb.
~S

Key: Complain about this post