A Conversation for M2M2 - The H2G2 Lesbigay Area

California

Post 1

BeowulfShaffer

I thought yall might be interested to here that California has at least temporarly legalized same sex marriage. I forget if were allowed to post links I will go check cause if we are I have a decent artical on this.

California

Post 2

BeowulfShaffer

well I attucaly don't know that it is a good one but it is a thourgh one that doesn't appear to be too biased.

California

Post 3

Primeval Mudd (formerly Roymondo)

It's got pretty good coverage on the BBC site:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7457968.stm

Looks like opinions are still quite heavily divided though!

'A recent poll indicated that 52% of Californians supported same-sex marriages, with 41% opposed.'

Personally I'm still unsure about gay marriages, mainly because of the religious implications, but I'm quite unusual in thinking that any 'marriage' ceremony that's not performed in a church should be a civil partnership instead, regardless of the gender of the people getting hitched.

California

Post 4

Vip

I'd prefer to have a civil partnership rather than a wedding myself, despite the fact that it's a het partnership. Still. I guess I can keep emphasising the 'civil' part of the 'civil wedding'.

smiley - fairy

California

Post 5

Ivan the Terribly Average

A civil wedding would be one at which the in-laws didn't bitch about each other. smiley - smiley

'Civil unions' are finally available here in the Australian Capital Territory. smiley - biggrin Now, if only I could find someone I'd want to be in one with...

California

Post 6

Primeval Mudd (formerly Roymondo)

I know plenty of people I want to be in one with but, alas, most of them are happily married to wimmin.smiley - sadface

Key: Complain about this post