A Conversation for Trailer Parks

Triple Wides!

Post 1

Flyboy

They also come in triple wides. I have a friend who owns a triple wide that measures in at around 2000 sq ft.

The statement about them being cheap is a relative term. There is an incredible markup on mobile homes right now because of the financing availible. They will finance a mobile home to anyone and make the payments such that it will never be paid off. In talking to a person who used to sell mobile homes he told me they often have a 150-200% markup. It is currently cheaper where I live to buy a house than a mobile home.

The statement about them being subject to bad weather (or Tornado Targets) is uncannilly true. The weatherman always states which trailer park the tornado is heading towards "Ya'll need to get to shelter immediately." Afterwards there is always somebody raindrenched standing in front of some twisted metal saying, "Yeah, it sounded just like a freight train comin' through my livin' room. I grabbed the kids and Spot, our blue heeler, and we all dove into the tub. We were lucky, we ain't got nothin' left but ourselves."

I've also got two friends that live down the street from each other in a trailer park, there is a sense of community there. It makes it really easy to get together for our annual halloween project. Gather up some wood and the power tools and sit out back of one of the trailers and build away.

Triple Wides!

Post 2

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

Hadn't heard of the triple-wide yet... I guess the trailer parks around here aren't quite that fancy. smiley - winkeye

I agree about the price, too, but for different reasons. Even though you might come to eventually own the trailer, you will never own the land it sits on, so you have to rent that for forever. You can own your own house... but you still have to pay property taxes, so I guess there's nothing you can do short of starting your own country. smiley - winkeye

Triple Wides!

Post 3

Flyboy

Actually my friend who bought the triple wide had it put on his property. He owns the land and the trailer.

Triple Wides!

Post 4

Seven Crocodile Rain

Well fry my hide!

Triple Wides!

Post 5

Flyboy

Nah, fry a pig's hide and call it pork rhinds.

Triple Wides!

Post 6

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

Flyboy: True, but then it wouldn't be in a Trailer Park, now would it? smiley - winkeye

Triple Wides!

Post 7

Flyboy

Yeah, guess not. The trailer parks around here are populated by single wides. Most double and triples are for the fancy folks who own their own land.

Triple Wides!

Post 8

CabanaBoy

If you already own the land, why not build a house. From what I've heard, modular homes are rather inexpensive, and less likely to tip over in a strong wind.

Triple Wides!

Post 9

Flyboy

I didn't say I was going to buy a trailer home. I have friends who have. I personally want a house, too many tornados around here.

Triple Wides!

Post 10

Researcher 228386

Hey everyone,im interested in owning my own trailer.i was wanderingif anyone had any idea how i could go about doing this,if you have any contact numbers at all could you plz email them to me plz.can you also let me no if tehre ar any trailer parks in england.thank you everybody.(email is:[email protected])hope to here from you soon.Tom

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Trailer Parks

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more