This is the Message Centre for Old writing team

not impressed

Post 1

Digby, a dog that barks.

I've read your entries and believe that you must be stacking the deck because I can see no reason why a rather dull entry regarding telephones is in the top Five.
I do wonder at the means by which you are slanting the stats and I do believe that the most exciting entry that you could add would be the means to those ends.
PS: the USA is in America and is not America. It is similar to England being not Europe but only an insignificant piece of it.
I am mentioning this because I am a Canadian, which as you may not know is the largest chunk of America.
-sincerly Cloudesley the writer of words matching the merits of Volgan poetry (if you don't believe me check it out)

not impressed

Post 2

Tim Hudson

Erm......I hope you mean Vogon, not 'Volgan,' poetry!

not impressed

Post 3

Digby, a dog that barks.

either or.

not impressed

Post 4

Stoo (researcher 35684)

Tsk tsk tsk...

Some people huh?

not impressed

Post 5

Excoriate

Some people what? And what do the others do?

not impressed

Post 6

Sine

You're just jealous of us Americans 'cause you're a Canadian.

not impressed

Post 7

Researcher 35838

Well, I'm impressed by the dots, at least. Quite nice, as dots go.

not impressed

Post 8

Mr Johnny-John St-John McJohnson

I have to protest about the bit saying that England is an insignificant part of Europe, as we English are vital in the current plans to cause massive problems with all the institutions and bring about its demise.
But I do agree with you about the Americans not being the Americans, perhaps we shoud refer to them as the Statesians.
By the way does any Statesian know when either of the two world wars started, and have any excuse for not getting stuck in like our American friends the Canadians?

not impressed

Post 9

God Of Course

Are Canadians not just insignificant?

not impressed

Post 10

EditorGirl

Statesians? How silly. Then we'd get all confused with the other places in the world that are composed of states, like Mexico, which is also part of the Americas. Come to think of it, my whole side of the world is America. Which makes me an American by default. Not that other people aren't, it's just that we had the bad luck to get stuck with a rather un-creative name. So we just have to make of it what we can. (USAns sound ugly, and reminds me too much of people who study UFOs who are called Ufologists.) In closing I would like to say I have nothing against the vast majority of Canadians or English. Otherwise I would have to boycott John Candy and Monty Python, which I would really hate to do.

not impressed

Post 11

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

I am not insignificant, You God-of-a-stain-on-a-toilet-seat!

not impressed

Post 12

Digby, a dog that barks.

ahh but still the question of slanting the stas remains unanswered..

not impressed

Post 13

Digby, a dog that barks.

ahh but still the question of slanting the stats remains unanswered..

not impressed

Post 14

Digby, a dog that barks.

bugger I didn't mean to post that twice, but consider it extra emphasis for effect and we'll just go with it.

not unimpressed

Post 15

God Of Course

Sorry John-the-gardner I meant we are all insignificant on a Small Planet that was once rated Mostly Harmless in guide not unknown to all of us. One to many Pan Galatic Gargle Blasters.

not unimpressed

Post 16

"Ah,I see."
[shakes hands]
All's well that ends well.
[Exeunt]

Me neither

Post 17

Shadarr

I haven't been impressed by anything I've read here. Just a lot of drivel written by people who wish they had something to say. Such
a waste of a relatively good idea.

Me neither

Post 18

Alright smart-arse: you have the podium.

Me neither

Post 19

Sine

I partly agree with you. There is not anywhere near enough substance to this site; the articles are too flippant and packed with nerdy humor to be helpful or acceptable to the mainstream.

We need to focus on content, not looks. This should be an encyclopedia of conventional wisdom, not a recreation of the hitchhiker's guide.

Before some smart-aleck says "You have the podium" I ask you to read the entries that I have submitted. I think they're informative and encyclopedia while at the same time being light and short.

Yawn

Post 20

"Real Horrorshow"?

Key: Complain about this post