A Conversation for Love

Love is...

Post 1

Angel (no. 32883)

I want to start this conversation as I know love is can be the beginning of some very cool and diverse sentences.
Love is... huge phone bills
Love is... spending more money than you have
Love is... getting cramp from sleeping two in a single bed

Love is... loving all these things

Love is...

Post 2

Stephen P.

If love is not the mother of all cliches, it is at least a godparent. "Love will find a way," for example. Find a way to where? Is it somewhere I can get home from without paying too much? Can I find it on the map?
Love is also the second most active force in the Universe, second only to Entropy; let's cheer it on and hope it draws ahead.

Love is...

Post 3

MisterBealy

Personally, I'm a fan of "true love conquers all" but that doesn't fit the subject. Well, since you've put the song into my head:

Love is [...] the greatest thing,
The best and yet the latest thing,
I only hope that fate may bring
Love's story to you.

Love is...

Post 4

Researcher 31570

Love is crumpled hair in the Morning.
Love is a cup of coffee you didn't have time for.
Love is a favourite CD which is dusty and sticks.
Love is the pile of clothes which you try not to notice,
or the endless stack of mounting bills and papers.
But the greatest of these is the time for loving.
Love it and be loved, and forget yourslef and all the cliches!

Love is...

Post 5

Researcher 31570

Love is crumpled hair in the Morning.
Love is a cup of coffee you didn't have time for.
Love is a favourite CD which is dusty and sticks.
Love is the pile of clothes which you try not to notice,
or the endless stack of mounting bills and papers.
But the greatest of these is the time for loving.
Love it and be loved, and forget yourself and all the cliches!

Love is...

Post 6

Cactus

There is reason to believe that both love and entropy are weaker forces than one other, and that force is apathy. Unfortunately, no one has taken the trouble to see if this is true.

Love is...

Post 7

MisterBealy

No, no. Even terminal insomniacs like me have been known to drag themselves out of bed in the morning in the name of love.
There again, I've also been known to get up at stupid o'clock to go rowing and that has nothing to do with love - just insanity. Same thing I suppose.

Love is...

Post 8

Jan^

If getting up when dawn has barely cracked, cycling in the rain to a dingy boathouse and then spending an hour with your thighs around a 16 stone rower isn't love, I'd like to know what is.

By the way, when Clare College, Cambridge introduced mixed sharing of rooms, the resident rowing blue and his girlfriend imported a double bed - and their rooms were above the Master's Lodge. That was love, as the Master can no doubt testify.

Love is...

Post 9

MisterBealy

D'you think that neighbours banging away at all hours of the night is any more bearable when you're not single?

Back to Love is...

Post 10

Angel (no. 32883)

Love is... worrying if you love enough
Love is... admitting how pathetic you're acting and not caring
Love is... not having to keep any thought/word/act/idea to yourself
Love is... knowing someone will laugh at your jokes/applaud your efforts/sympathise with your tears
Love is... wanting to improve yourself for someone else's benefit

Love is...

Post 11

Love is... A choclate sunday
Love is... A sharing of compasion
Love is... A fudimental bodily process that has the sole
purpose procreating and reliving stress
Love is... A pain in the neck
Love is... Soothing to all your pains

Love is...

Post 12

Its also very deceptive

Love is...

Post 13

Stevie

My sympathies, I too have noisy neighbours. They start late at night and i have to hide under the quilt and hum loudly to myself. When i meet them in public they just smile at me and say 'Hi !'. Neither of them are called Colin, which is good.

Love is...

Post 14

Stevie

Avatar is in Love. It turns your spelling all funny. This is a fact.

Love is...

Post 15

Angel (no. 32883)

Be nice...
I hasn't turned my spelling funny (but don't tell my boyfriend)

Love is...

Post 16

Cheerful Dragon

The second line should be 'The OLDEST yet the latest thing'

Love is...

Post 17

Cheerful Dragon

Regarding the third item on your list... When my husband and I were first getting to know each other, I used to go and stay with him at his parents house. As they didn't have a spare bedroom, I used to share his bed (single) with him. I didn't get cramp once (neither did he for that matter).

Noisy neighbours

Post 18

MisterBealy

I did work out the solution to this one, but never felt evil enough to try it out: you mimic sound for sound everything that comes through the wall!
Fortunately they spent more time at his place than my neighbours and I've moved since then.

Love is...

Post 19

Jan^

This must be why you are cheerful, Dragon

Love is...

Post 20

Palpatine

In my research experience, I have found love to be the most beautiful and confusing of all human emotions. I've been studying love for 4 years and would not trade my research for anything. Love can inspire a person to be completely happy just to hear the sound of a certain someone's voice over a telephone wire. I'm amazed at how a person who is in love will do anything from buying flowers to painting lovley works of art, for the sole purpose of putting a smile on their certain someone's face.

I would now like to ask my fellow researchers for a bit of advice.
I've been in love with a girl for 4 years and do not quite know how to tell her. We are close friends and I truely care for her, but I fear that if I mention love, something horrible will happen. (Love also seems to inspire a great deal of fear.) To complicate matters, we live in seperate areas of a place called the United States of America, on the planet Earth. What course of action should I take? I could certainly use some assistance in this phase of my research.

Key: Complain about this post