This is the Message Centre for bobstafford

Where have you lived

Post 1

bobstafford

It occurred to me that there are people here who live or have have lived and worked in some interesting places world wide.

Perhaps it would be interesting to find out how far some hootooers have roamed especially if they have owned or rented a home in far away places.

Even if you have moved around living in various places in just one country, the comparisons and stories would make very interesting reading.

It could result in an excellent entry.

smiley - biggrin

Where have you lived

Post 2

bobstafford

If you do contribute no detail is required just a town or regionsmiley - smiley

Where have you lived

Post 3

Rev Nick - dead man walking (mostly)

I have lived and worked in British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, 3 locations within Ontario, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland. I've also had cause to work some extended times in the US, Quebec and Nunavut. While much of this is all still within Canada - if you look at the sheer size and distances involved, such travels would have covered quite a lot more than the UK and Europe . . .

Where have you lived

Post 4

Smudger879n

I have lived and worked in Russia, Turkey and Egypt, as well,as an oil rig out in the Caspian Sea.

Neither of them were ideal places to be?

I also lived in a flat in Aberdeen when I was working there, that's a cold cold place in the winter smiley - winkeye

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Where have you lived

Post 5

Bluebottle

I suspect you could guess where I've livedsmiley - island

<BB<

Where have you lived

Post 6

Icy North

Does that count as 'living'?

smiley - nur

Where have you lived

Post 7

bobstafford

I have lived and worked in Spain, Turkey and France, plus a short spell in Switzerland. It has all been very enjoyable and it has been very interesting.smiley - ok

Where have you lived

Post 8

Icy North

You are James Bond, bob, and I collect my £20. smiley - smiley

Where have you lived

Post 9

bobstafford

You can have an I.O.U if you like, until we meet at a HooToo gathering smiley - biggrin

Where have you lived

Post 10

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

And there just happen to be three of those this summer smiley - whistle

Where have you lived

Post 11

bobstafford

Must have missed the threads Amy

Where have you lived

Post 12

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

London A87879857

Manchester A87879866

Edinburgh A87879875

All with a 3D version of myself, for a changesmiley - cheers

Where have you lived

Post 13

Rev Nick - dead man walking (mostly)

Inflatable-Amy? smiley - laugh

Where have you lived

Post 14

I'm working on deflating myself, actually smiley - tongueout

Where have you lived

Post 15

bobstafford

Has the deflating worked Amysmiley - biggrin

Where have you lived

Post 16

Florida Sailor All is well with the world

Hi bob

Just to give a reply to the opening post, I have never lived in far away exotic places.

I was born and lived most of my young life in Western New York (for the snobs in NYC - that is NOT upstate).

Back when Jack Kennedy was still President my Father decided we should move to Florida after driving the width of the state in a snow blizzard. From that time to this I have always lived near the Tampa Bay are of west Florida.

This is not to say I have not lived in some interesting places here. As a teen I lived in a comfortable suburban house, with a bus to school. For a couple of years I had an apartment on the water (one of the smaller bays). After that I purchased a sailboat to live aboard. It was while living in her I married my wife. After about ten years of living on the boat we decided to buy a house in the city.

After almost 20 years of living there, the company I work for decided to move further north, changing my commute time from 45 minutes to over 70 minutes each way.

At that time we moved into an over 55 trailer park (they prefer we call it 'Manufactured Home Community) about 3 1/2 years ago. Most of the residents are retired (I am not) and almost half are seasonal, coming south for only the winter months. Our main entrance displays both the US and Canadian flags to recognize the nationally of most of the residents.

A few months ago my wife decided that he wanted a bigger mobile home, so we are in the process of fixing them both up and transferring our stuff bit by bit.

I have written about some of this in smiley - thepost.

I don't know if this is what you had in mind, but I thought I would share.

F smiley - dolphin S

Where have you lived

Post 17

Bob--Well, if I were a balloon, I'd be getting kind of soft, but not noticeably smaller without measuring...

Where have you lived

Post 18

bobstafford

Thanks FS it is a small attempt to try and bring the community together and keep growing.

Your reply is just the thing I was hoping for smiley - cheers

Where have you lived

Post 19

bobstafford

Amy that was an interesting comment
"soft, but not noticeably smaller" it sounds like you are getting lots of hugs smiley - laugh

Where have you lived

Post 20

bobstafford

How about opening this up a little and add interesting jobs or interesting days at work.

Key: Complain about this post