This is the Message Centre for bobstafford

NaJoPoMo 2015 Bobstafford A Message in a bottle Just 2 more days to go

Post 1

bobstafford

28. 11 2015

We are just two more posts away from the end of the NaJoPoMo it has been interesting to say the least.

Finding subjects to comment upon is an odd discipline to get used to, it came as a surprise that the Vietnam War was in full swing, concord was still undergoing wind tunnel tests and the new television/telephone is on display in Stuttgart the International Radio Exhibition, West Germany.

It just seems that period was more interesting than today, there was more happening.
I suppose it all looked more impressive as they were less frequent events. Now we get seem to get more advances in a week than we did in a year (50 years ago).

Mind you things have advanced but not always for the better, we have so many gadgets that we have to do less and think less is it to easy.

Car driving in a older car is somehow more exciting (if that's the right word) you had to be more skillful to drive them, todays cars do so much for you and are far safer. Mind you they were bloomin uncomfortable over a long distance, and cold and noisy the list goes on.

I suppose I am saying that things are more comfortable and safer now, in the past things were not as safe and comfortable, but more interesting though.

As an experiment once we joined a project living in the 1600's it was summer and the kit and furniture (and bedding was straw mattresses). It was very uncomfortable but interesting as after a month it started to feel normal, the bugs were a problem though.

If you get a chance do have a go... its an experience not soon forgotten.

Post 2

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

[Amy P]

Post 3

bobstafford

Hi Amysmiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for bobstafford

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more