This is the Message Centre for bobstafford

Blathering Geezers

Post 8161

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

Morning all smiley - biggrinsmiley - ale

Blathering Geezers

Post 8162

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

My blathering gland is off to a slow start today (along with the rest of me). But thank you for posting something easy to understand. smiley - smiley

Blathering Geezers

Post 8163

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

Ta! smiley - alesmiley - smiley

Blathering Geezers

Post 8164

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

I'm a little low on blathering too. And what's left is rusty

smiley - pirate

Blathering Geezers

Post 8165

So true of me as well. smiley - sadface

You'd think I would have the gift of blath by now, but it needs to be wound up first before it can be used.

Blathering Geezers

Post 8166

Is blathering the same has blath-winding?

smiley - pirate

Blathering Geezers

Post 8167

Baron Grim

I feel more like blithering today than blathering.

Blathering Geezers

Post 8168

Tell me all about it smiley - yawnsmiley - zzz

smiley - pirate

Blathering Geezers

Post 8169

Reality Manipulator

smiley - groan I have had two engineer appointments to put in a new bathroom radiator cancelled due to various reasons. Hopefully they won't cancel their next appointment.smiley - flustered

Blithering Beezers

Post 8170

It's a universal truth that *no one* really wants to refurbish bathrooms. If necessary, you will need to use subterfuge of some sort. Good luck!

Blithering Beezers

Post 8171

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - winkeyewe say up northsmiley - biggrin we're just prattling/or stop prattling and get on with it... etc
-----------
prattle

talk at length in a foolish or inconsequential way.
"she began to prattle on about her visit to the dentist"

Blithering Beezers

Post 8172

Meanwhile, her dentist was prattling to his hygienist about the sorry state of her gums.

When the hygienist got home, she prattled to her husband about what a bore the dentist was.

Her husband went to work the next morning and prattled to the receptionist about his wife's bad work environment.

The receptionist prattled to her aunt about the silly things people said t her at work. Her aunt, by the way, was the one who went to the dentist in the first place.

Blathering Geezers

Post 8173

Reality Manipulator

smiley - groan I live in a council (local authority) housing and I just received a telephone cal from the Gas maintance repair company (which is in a different borough) and works for Thurrock Council has telephoned to see that the engineer cannot make it which is the third time. Another appointment has been made for tomorrow and hopefully the engineer will come. My Tivo digital box is not working and an engineer will be coming tomorrow.smiley - groan

Blathering Geezers

Post 8174

if the engineer can't make it, will that be a dis-appointment? smiley - smiley

Blathering Geezers

Post 8175

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

local authority excuses are longer than the longest toilet roll and some smiley - biggrin

Blathering Geezers

Post 8176

And about as valuable as if they were written on toilet paper.

Blathering Geezers

Post 8177

Reality Manipulator

smiley - groan Still waiting for the engineer to arrive, so I phoned the office and found out that the engineer is stuck on another job and is running late. This has happened before and I will probably get a call saying that they will have to cancel my appointment. I was told that I would be the first appointment that the engineer sees to. If there is another cancellation, I will make a formal complaint. It sounds like they are trying to find a reason not to install my radiator as they want to save the council money.smiley - crosssmiley - flusteredsmiley - grrsmiley - steam

Blathering Geezers

Post 8178

Does the council care that much about saving money? smiley - huh

Blathering Geezers

Post 8179

smiley - sadfaceALL our local councils in the country are cash-strappedsmiley - sadfaceTHIS conservative lot, will NOT allocate decent finances to them smiley - grr so cuts in ALL departments are inevitable smiley - sadface
social/welfare/roads/schools smiley - sadfacethe list is endlesssmiley - sadface

Including - NHS/Police/fire-brigade/prisons and the rest smiley - grr

Fat-cats still prosper though smiley - sadfacesmiley - sadface

Blathering Geezers

Post 8180

Baron Grim

One of the big news items in the States today was that Trump's education secretary has proposed an across the board 18% budget cut yet is specifically cutting the ENTIRE budget for the Special Olympics program. Oh, and in that same budget is a 15% INCREASE to the department's executive budget (ie, her and other administrators pay checks).

Key: Complain about this post

Blathering Geezers

More Conversations for bobstafford

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more