This is the Message Centre for bobstafford

Geezers Converation

Post 7781

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

years ago, I had a "date" THAT looked like a camel - smiley - winkeyedisco and drunk was I smiley - laughsmiley - laugh

Geezers Converation

Post 7782

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Did you walk a mile to get away from her?

Geezers Converation

Post 7783

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - laughwas on a coach. on a bachelors night outsmiley - laughto a city 20 mile awaysmiley - laugh

Geezers Converation

Post 7784

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

Been up all night, next door has been trimming up the whole house, inside and outside covered in fairy lights, I hate these bloody lights, don't mind them on a christmas tree but the whole bloody house

one hopes for a outage....... smiley - smiley

Geezers Converation

Post 7785

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

They ought to charge people double - at least - for electric decorations

smiley - pirate

Geezers Converation

Post 7786

" inside and outside covered in fairy lights," [Jackruss]

Yes, that sounds extreme. I never hang strings of Christmas lights outside. I use displays of evergreen branches and holly berries and red ribbons instead.

Last Summer I bought some Bird's nest Spruce for a large planter in front of my house. I was thinking of putting red ribbons on it, but it's still kind of small. I will wait for it to grow some more....

Geezers Converation

Post 7787

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

Lights still on, been on all day....... and he's really happy about it smiley - tongueout

Geezers Converation

Post 7788

Humanity is going to hell, but apparently we are doing it first class

smiley - pirate

Geezers Converation

Post 7789

Pierce, I forgive you for talking about hell, but maybe you could explain how you conceive of the universe as including a hell but not a heaven?

Geezers Converation

Post 7790

Baron Grim

Hell is other people.

Geezers Converation

Post 7791

Right. Heaven could be smiley - earth without people destroying it smiley - erm

smiley - pirate

Geezers Converation

Post 7792

I can't disagree with you, but we've made progress. 100 years ago, 1 percent of the world's land surface was protected. Now it's 15%.

A lot of topsoil erodes every year, largely because farmers have to plow to make way for seeds. But some of the plants that those seeds evolved from were perennials like wheat grass. Some dedicated scientists are trying to develop perennial wheat.

Pierce, you can help support this mission. Long Root Ale is made with kenza, a perennial wheat under development by the The land Institutei n kansas
http://hopworksbeer.com/2016/10/03/long-root-ale-a-partnership-between-patagonia-provisions-and-hopworks/

Geezers Converation

Post 7793

[I know that the link in the preceding post is a commercial one. I'm trying to get across the value of the scientific work. Perennial crops that live five years require only a fifth as much plowing, which could reduce plowing-related soil erosion.

Geezers Converation

Post 7794

I saw on our tv news teletext about the snowfall in N/Carolina and area smiley - sadfacesmiley - sadface

Hope your prepared where you are Paul, if it heads northwards smiley - sadface

Geezers Converation

Post 7795

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46504527

Geezers Converation

Post 7796

re 7792

You had me at "ale"! smiley - doh

smiley - pirate

Geezers Converation

Post 7797

It's a win-win-win situation, something that you can enjoy, that's good for you, and is good (maybe) for the planet.

Geezers Converation

Post 7798

So actually a win-win-win situation smiley - bigeyes

smiley - cheers

PPP ( = Pierce the Pedantic smiley - pirate ) smiley - biggrin

Geezers Converation

Post 7799

The downside is that Long Root Ale is not available in very many places. None of the places is outside the U.S.

There may be a source for buying the flour and using it for quick breads
http://www.plovgh.com/kernza.html

But not until next year, apparently. smiley - sadface

Geezers Converation

Post 7800

"Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the lord" ok then! how come they didn't see the bloody hangover coming smiley - laughsmiley - laugh

Key: Complain about this post

Geezers Converation

More Conversations for bobstafford

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more