This is the Message Centre for bobstafford

Geezers Converation

Post 7141

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

They say that in order to become a great musician you must practice for at least 10,000 hours.

Geezers Converation

Post 7142

Baron Grim

In the 80s, the new thing was Windsurfing. I windsurfed. It was a difficult skill to learn.

Later, Kite surfing became the new thing.

I read about it, and one of the things I read stated that while kite surfing was easier to learn than windsurfing, it was much more dangerous.

A few weeks later I read a story about a novice kite boarder who caught a "good" wave, and a "good" wind, and died when she hit a third story window across the Ventura highway from the beach.

Geezers Converation

Post 7143

ITIWBS

Lloyd Bridges did an episode on kite water skiiing for "Sea Hunt".

Geezers Converation

Post 7144

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

http://www.darwinawards.com/

You can always find one! smiley - winkeyesmiley - laugh

Geezers Converation

Post 7145

Maybe we could blame the building for being in his path? smiley - winkeye

Geezers Converation

Post 7146

ITIWBS

The oldest historical reference to man carrying kites I know of was from an 18th century British court case in which the verdict of the court was that there was nothing in the laws of England prohibiting flying so long as one could do it.

Geezers Converation

Post 7147

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

Morning all, back from my hols and I'm lightly tanned with a wiff of sea air about me

smiley - winkeye

Geezers Converation

Post 7148

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

[grump]

Morning smiley - yawn

I'll have to walk to the pub. It's a dirty job, yeah, but somebody has to do it. And the owner is closing shop for a few weeks and go for a holiday so you know, last orders and all that smiley - run

smiley - pirate

Geezers Converation

Post 7149

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

Just got in from the pub, the bar was empty and it was really nice to watch the flys, flying around the light smiley - winkeye

Geezers Converation

Post 7150

[grump]

Takes a barfly to know a barfly, I suppose smiley - winkeye

smiley - pirate

Geezers Converation

Post 7151

If the customers were flies, maybe it was a flybar. smiley - smiley

Geezers Converation

Post 7152

Last nights barflies were very drunk and playful, took me by surprise when they started singing hymns......

i nearly shed a tear when the rude version of "All Things Bright an Butifull" was started smiley - laugh

Geezers Converation

Post 7153

[grump]

There are other versions smiley - huh

smiley - pirate

Geezers Converation

Post 7154

Baron Grim

I have a standing rule... If folks (and folk singers) refrain from singing hymns in my pub, I'll refrain from singing drinking songs in their church.

Geezers Converation

Post 7155

[grump]

Sounds fair

Reminds me of a bar in my home town. Long ago the barkeeper put up a sign in the men's restroom with the words: "Please do not throw your cigarette butts in the urinals - and I promise not to piss in your ashtrays" smiley - zen

smiley - pirate

Geezers Converation

Post 7156

Baron Grim

I like that. It so much better than the tired old "Please do not throw cigarette butts in the urinals as it makes them soggy and hard to light." smiley - groan

Speaking of pub restrooms, I heard about a pub that had an "interactive" picture of a young, well chiseled Scotsman hanging in the women's room. The "kilt" was a separate piece from the photo itself suggesting that it could be lifted to see what the Scotsman wore under it.

What visitors to this pub were unlikely to know was that there was a switch connected to the "kilt" that turned on a light over the bar when anyone lifted the "kilt".

smiley - laughsmiley - roflsmiley - laugh

Geezers Converation

Post 7157

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPriOQkKd6k

I remember a scene from "Romeo and Juliet" in which someone lifted up the skirt of a woman, whereupon Romeo said "What hast thou found?"

Geezers Converation

Post 7158

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo ?

under the balcony you stupid woman! it's raining!

Geezers Converation

Post 7159

Alas poor Yorick! I knew him Horatio ? was that his real name ? I thought it was Albert smiley - erm

Geezers Converation

Post 7160

Florida Sailor All is well with the world

There is an old song on the subject http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UJI31UJuzc about the Scotman's kilt

Key: Complain about this post

Geezers Converation

More Conversations for bobstafford

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more