This is the Message Centre for bobstafford

Geezers Converation

Post 5221

ITIWBS

True enough on the syphilis; and there is a question on a number of the infectious conditions contributing to puerperal fever.

The second great locus of infectious and contagious disease of the early colonial era was in the south China sea, the regions developed by especially the Portuguese and subsequently the Dutch East India company, a nortoriously unhealthy climate until the age of modern medicine, impact on Europe contained by maritime quarantine measures.

Something of a medical puzzle on syphilis, closely related to yaws, it may have originated in this same region, but somehow leapfrogged Polynesia to the new world, where it was definitely established by the time of the arrival of the conquistadores, perhaps carried to the new world by Chinese* or Hindu voyagers of the 7th through 9th centuries CE.

*Though long controversial, 7th century voyages by Chinese traders to central America were definitely established in the 1970s & 1980s by archival discoveries of log books and manifests out of Szechuan China taken together with Szechuan China crop records showing they'vè had the central American chile pepper in cultivatio ever since.

Historicity as well established as the somewhat later Viking explorations of the new world.

The are still some controversies on possible Hindu and Cambodian contacts of the same period but strong significant reason to consider such contacts occured.

Geezers Converation

Post 5222

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Doctor rat indeed! I'm fine with friendly rats. That they can detect disease is icing on the smiley - cake.

Geezers Converation

Post 5223

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

http://needtoknow.nas.edu/id/challenges/globalization/

smiley - smiley1 sneeze can infect a worldsmiley - winkeye

Geezers Converation

Post 5224

bobstafford

Only if you follow throughsmiley - run

Geezers Converation

Post 5225

" 1 sneeze can infect a world" [prof Animal Cjhaos]

That will be good news for hypochondriacs. smiley - smiley

Geezers Converation

Post 5226

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Run for the hills! smiley - yikes

smiley - pirate

Geezers Converation

Post 5227

I'm lazy. I prefer to let the hills run for me.

Geezers Converation

Post 5228

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

I'm NOT an hypochondriac, I KNOW I'm poorly

Geezers Converation

Post 5229

Fine. Remind me not to sneeze on you.

Geezers Converation

Post 5230

bobstafford

Mrs Hill won't like that she is a big girl smiley - laugh

Geezers Converation

Post 5231

if your sneeze can reach me Paul, you must have a big conk matesmiley - winkeyesmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - winkeye

Geezers Converation

Post 5232

I was being highpothetical in a lowkey way.

Geezers Conversation

Post 5233

>grins< I misreadsmiley - winkeye "sneeze's conversation"

Geezers Conversation

Post 5234

bobstafford

We could talk of the joys of snuff

Geezers Conversation

Post 5235

that's a fantasy creature smiley - winkeye fairy-nuffsmiley - biggrin

Geezers Conversation

Post 5236

bobstafford

Nuff saidsmiley - smiley

Geezers Converation

Post 5237

Florida Sailor All is well with the world

Prof >I'm NOT an hypochondriac, I KNOW I'm poorly

My favorite tombstone epitaph: 'I TOLD you I was sick!'

F smiley - dolphin S

Geezers Converation

Post 5238

ITIWBS

Can Dr. Rat also be trained to hunt truffles?

I know rats have been trained to sniff out concealed land mines.

Geezers Converation

Post 5239

Baron Grim

So... I do a quick google, as you do..

And find Truffles, the rat.
http://youtu.be/TJdGgasghxA

I also found rat shaped truffles, but this has an actual rat. A fancy rat. smiley - ok

Geezers Converation

Post 5240

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

I'm told they use German Shepherds smiley - dogsmiley - dog for truffle hunting now. Because the stupid smiley - flyingpigsmiley - flyingpig ate too many of the truffles they found

smiley - pirate

Key: Complain about this post

Geezers Converation

More Conversations for bobstafford

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more