This is the Message Centre for bobstafford

Geezers converation

Post 1

bobstafford

Moved from Lils I am thread smiley - smiley

Geezers converation

Post 2

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I just got back form my father's 95th birthday party. I am proud to be a second-generation geezer. smiley - senior.

Geezers converation

Post 3

bobstafford

Geezers are ageless the do also have a moderate disposition and a particular optimistic view of the world. A combination of an enquiring mind and the of good conversation. Beer optional smiley - ale

So do we give it a try?

Geezers converation

Post 4

bobstafford

95 good man smiley - ok

Geezers converation

Post 5

ITIWBS

smiley - lurkTaking a break for supper before I go back to potting tree cuttings by flood lamp.

Nothing to the upcoming werk except to get caught up on mail, gardening and writing.

Monthly senior dinner next Saturday.smiley - sigh

Geezers converation

Post 6

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

smiley - smileymorning

Geezers converation

Post 7

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - winkeye"potting tree cuttings by flood lamp" smiley - winkeyebetter with a spade

Geezers converation

Post 8

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

smiley - laughsmiley - roflsmiley - laugh

"Who wants to do the beer reviews"

What kind of question is that?

smiley - sorry but that was too much for me here at the break of noon smiley - laugh

Good one smiley - ok Where's the smiley - alesmiley - runsmiley - huhsmiley - run

smiley - pirate

Geezers converation

Post 9

bobstafford

Beer reviews are a joint effort to cover the regions I made a small effort a few years ago and called for contributions, see A12847584 if curious.

There seems to be a glimmer of interest.
Apart from Beer to attract some interest all interests are welcome for inclusion and conversion. If we start any thread with Geezer or Gezetter we wont have problems finding any thread.

Geezers converation

Post 10

Florida Sailor All is well with the world

Today is Shrove Tuesday, the day before Lent begins.

By tradition the Canadian 'Snowbirds' in our park offer everyone a free pancake breakfastsmiley - senior

I will be a bit late getting into the officesmiley - biggrin

F smiley - dolphin S

Geezers converation

Post 11

Some weeks ago I got mail from my electrickery provider who told me they now cooperate with my local supermarket and would I like to gain points for my use of their electrickery. They basically asked me "would you like us to transfer some cash to your account?" smiley - laugh

smiley - pirate

Geezers converation

Post 12

re post 9:

Seriously though, I like sampling smiley - alesmiley - stoutsmiley - redwine as much as the next smiley - pirate, and I will not hesitate to tell you whether I like it or prefer something else.

But it's already been decades since I gave up actually writing serious reviews. I found that you have to drink a lot and remember everything. My braincell quite obviously isn't cut out for that sort of thing smiley - biggrinsmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - cheers

smiley - pirate

Geezers converation

Post 13

bobstafford

No just have a drink and share it, what you think is important, copy the format 4 to 6 lines of text is not a big task if you want to comment,

H2G2 Dry - From A Beer from : Brewed By brewers In .
Ale 5.0% by volume at Date 11/14

Sampled from the bottle. Note the bottle is 5.0%.
<SMILEY TYPE="ale"/>9.0 out of 10

There you go just fill the gaps or use the text as is. Nice beers only if the beer is a stinker DONT COMMENT on site there is no point in upsetting commercial brewers.

Geezers converation

Post 14

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

As geezers, we have a duty to grumble about falling standards in music, literature, manners, etc. smiley - puff Even architecture and politics ain't what they used to be. The younger generation? They have the attention span of a gnat -- not too different from some of us smiley - biggrin

Geezers converation

Post 15

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

*fluffs his newspaper*

Where am I....... Ahhhhh a glass of porter......... medical refreshment

Geezers converation

Post 16

re post 14:

If you ask me even geezers aren't what they used to be smiley - sadface

smiley - pirate

Geezers converation

Post 17

Icy North

Tell you what, mate. Nostalgia's not what it used to be.

Geezers converation

Post 18

ITIWBS

I suppose one could grummble about collapse of American consumer protectionism with the killings of top USDA and USFDA officials in the 9/11 wttacks on the world trade center, creating a power vacuum relentlessly exploited by the 'market cheats' (Ronald Reagan phrase).

Market regulation still isn't back up to the pre 9/11 standard and still worse the 'Tea Party' has declared a filibuster on the issues and has been materially obstructing restructuring of the affected agencies since 9/11.

Geezers conversation

Post 19

bobstafford

I hope Smudger finds this thread smiley - smiley

Geezers converation

Post 20

bobstafford

American politics is not for the under funded.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for bobstafford

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more