A Conversation for Beyond the Brochure or Build it and We Will Come

What is the thing you'd really love to have if only someone had the sense to make one?

Post 1

Cheapolata

Cordless anythings. Wireless tv's, computers,radios,cassette decks the lot,the loot. (Pointless regulators are cool as well)
I just moved house and everything was nicely packed and in order with little tie raps around all the cables and now,there are cables everywhere, half my gear isn't even working (i forgot to move my tv connection,so am totally www.dependent now) and the rabbits are munching away.

Cordless ,endless, pointless and mostly harmless.

And now: Douglasless,

Cheapolata

What is the thing you'd really love to have if only someone had the sense to make one?

Post 2

Wand'rin star

Self-cleaning windows smiley - star

Post 3

Is mise Duncan

I had a "why isn't everything like this"moment when I got my new laptop PC.
I plugged the base station into the back of the PC and a message box came up saying "You have just installed a network service - press OK and Windows will configure it for you" so I did and it did.
Then I switched on the laptop and it connected to the network.
Total time from in the bubble-wrapping to on the network? 10 minutes!

Incidentally, Pilkington make self cleaning windows - they have a special coating that uses sunlight to break down the dirt so it just washes off in the rain. They are installed on most glass fronted office blocks and end consumer units are currently being advertised...although they don't do sash windows yet smiley - winkeye

Post 4

Clarence, Lord Emsworth

Self cleaning spectacles...

Post 5

Is mise Duncan

An emery keyboard, that allows you to file your nails and surf the web at the same time.

Post 6

Kemlo

A zapper that works on your front door as well as your car (and your front gate and/or garage as well, if you like).

But it will have to be clever enough to know that when you unlock your car, you don't want to unlock your front door, and when you turn round to lock your front door, you don't want it to lock your car ... that could make you late for work.

Post 7

cheneyism

i htink the ultimate gadget or thing to make would be something that told u every time you were about to do something stupid. the only problem with this is who could you get to make that would actually b wise enough to program it.

Post 8

fluffykerfuffle

smiley - space
smiley - wow
a portable pocketable keyboard that plugs into my iphone and that unfolds to usable size so that i can type normally.

ohhhh smiley - doh it could be in a book cover like case.... you open it and the iphone is on the left in a sleeve that allows viewing of the screen... the folded keyboard is on the right. you turn the case so the iphone is above... like a laptop screen... and then unfold the keyboard and type smiley - biggrin

Post 9

J. Random Hakre

I would want an OS with a primitive, open scource AI with a main chat console. Pen & touch and mics would be available a year or so after release. I, personally have been working with something of the sort for three months or so.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more