A Conversation for Liverpool, Merseyside, UK

What about the Boos?

Post 1

Martin Pollard

Like many, I was impressed by the depth and interest of this article. But just one thing - in the list of Liverpool bands, where are the Boo Radleys? This was one of the most innovative bands of the 1990s, and sound more like the Beatles than any band of the decade.

Recommendations? Try the last album, 'Kingsize' for glorious pop, or their best, 'C'mon Kids' for a darkly weird mixture. Check out my article on The Boo Radleys for more information.

What about the Boos?

Post 2

The YFB

The Boo Radleys were from over the river, in my home town of Wallasey, in a road called Radley road. Apparently, Wake Up Boo was wrote on the bench at the top of Radley Road by St. Hilary's Church.

who's boos

Post 3

ashe

I am just a simple man, but I have a quick question. In your report and the following text about the boos, I have seen no mention of The Farm, Cast, Space or even the Real People. And what about Cy Tucker, he's been on the Liverpool circuit for years. But that was a very informative page of yours, i'm glad you left out such quotes as giz-a-bad-o-that-la.

What about the Boos?

Post 4

Spaceboy Zoom

Side note:
do you know we have an ex-boo as a researcher?
http://www.h2g2.com/U140631

-sbz

who's boos

Post 5

The YFB

I have to say that Cy Tucker has been a family friend of ours for over 40 years (thats over 23 years longer than I've been alive!).... He is one of THE greatest acts on the Liverpool scene.... He turned down a big money recording contract to stay in Liverpool with his family... It takes a big man to do that... I remember a story about Tucker, that I really really like... That he started out playing on the steps of the pub, when he was 14.... After a couple of years, he was invited inside, and has been on the circuit since.... My late grandad always said, that if my nan were to have an affair, he would only let it be with Tucker, and with his blessing.....He's still on most nights in Coopers, near to the albert dock.....

While we're on the subject, what about Up & Running.... Phil is also one of the greats.... When I finally get my band sorted, it would be an honour even to have Phil or Tucker to come and watch....

Also, Crush (fka Hush), Space Cadets, Mixies Men, Rigsbys Cat... All great bands, and apart from Rigsbys Cat, I know the members well.... Dont get to see them much anymore, what with being in Norfolk now, but all great.....

Thats it, I'm decided... I'm gonna make a report on the Liverpool pub music scene.....

who's boos

Post 6

nomeansno

HALF MAN HALF BISCUIT

who's boos

Post 7

Researcher 238900

What about Echo and the Bunnymen !!!

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more