A Conversation for Liverpool, Merseyside, UK

Howcome Stevie G isn't a son of Liverpool?

Post 1

Red_Jillian

I find anything about Liverpool interesting. Maybe its coz i love Stevie G so much....smiley - loveblush

Any Liverpudlians out there? Would love to get to know you.

Post 2

DJ_Bear

Hey there,
I'm not a scouser as such thou I lived there for a while when I was at Uni, I am a massive Liverpool FC fan thou
smiley - biggrin

Post 3

Red_Jillian

Hey thats great! my fiance and I are thinking of coming over on a working-holiday. I would love to experience it. And just to go and watch them play it must be really great.

Post 4

DJ_Bear

I lived very near to Anfield which was pretty good but now am the other side of the country so only able to watch them on TV now

Post 5

Red_Jillian

Cool! How long did you stay in Liverpool and what did you do there? Think its a good place stay and work for bout a year or so?

Post 6

nomeansno

to the origional poster
in answer to the title of your conversation
stevie g isnt a son of liverpool because he isnt from liverpool,hes from huyton ,just outside , he was born in whiston which is near st helens which, it could be aurgued, is closer to manchester in feel.

Post 7

Smij - Formerly Jimster

Er... not quite right there, I'm afraid.

Huyton is in the borough of Knowsley, which is outside of the city of Liverpool boundary, but still within the county of Merseyside (just as Bootle is part of Sefton, not Liverpool). Inhabitants of Sefton and Knowsley still consider themselves part of Liverpool though. St Helens is further out again, but still in Merseyside, and still nearer to Liverpool city centre than to Manchester city centre.

It's not an intentional slight against Gerrard - you'll notice the authors didn't actually include any footballers, perhaps because they don't know much about football. But you can suggest an update to the entry, or post information in this forum that then becomes an extension of the entry.

Post 8

akaNehustan

100s of years of Lancastrian history up in smoke with the creation of the modern metropolitan counties...great.

Post 9

GadgetGuy

The way that Jan Molby speaks you would think he was a Scouser not a Danesmiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more