This is the Message Centre for Celtic Ewok

Tea Parties and Memories

Post 1

Celtic Ewok

All my life I have collected stuffed animals. They are in stacks around my room and in boxes in the hall closet, on my bed and in chairs scattered every which place. As a child the magical world they opened to me seemed a place to hide from the abuse of a mother to mentally ill to care for children and a father who was barly keeping himself together. As a young woman I saw them as supports for the tears I cried over the loss of a home and pets and family. As a grown adult I see them as memories for the childhood denied me by a dysfunctional family and blinding anger. But every year, at Easter time, I know that instead of the traditional candy children recieve, it is tradition for me to wake and see a new stuffed animal in my doorway. Small or large, fat or skinny... it doesn't matter so long as it is cute. These toys are the rememberences of worlds and dreams I dared to kling to as a child and now as an adult. Surely each person has one thing, one minor object or possession which endears them to the world of Nod where a girl can be a princess and a boy a knight, where adults tread in dreams and memories of tea parties in the sun and battling imaginary worlocks in the backyard. Just a thought, a memory... a story begging to be set free on the world - a reminder for all those who would like to forget. Childhood and magic, fairytales and make-believe of tea parties and memories in the summers of enchantment and dreams.

Key: Complain about this post

Tea Parties and Memories

More Conversations for Celtic Ewok

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more