A Conversation for British Fish and Chip Shops

Those fish posters.

Post 1

Joolsee

I just wanted to say that perhaps my favourite part of the whole fish and chip shop experience is looking at those wonderful posters of loads of different kinds of sea fish, all shown in a nice lateral view, all named. I think the fish, and the posters thereof are beautiful.

Those fish posters.

Post 2

Is mise Duncan

..and those classy adverts where the tag line is "Chips without fish is like..." with a poster of a famous duo with one of them in silloette. Particularily good since no-one under the age of 50 recognises the duo - except steptoe and son smiley - smiley.

Those fish posters.

Post 3

Mustapha

Local regulations state that such posters must be faded in strong sunlight for at least 3 months before going on display. Is this the case in the UK?

Those fish posters.

Post 4

Joolsee

The one in my local chippie is in good nick. (I just checked.) Interestingly, it was provided by the NFFF which is the paramilitary wing of the.... no, actually it stands for the National Federation of Fish Friers. Thanks guys. Nice posters.

Those fish posters.

Post 5

Researcher 231090

what the h*ll u on about!
most fish posters r crap.
what do u want 2 know what fishes look like anyway?
u r gonna eat them in the end anyways.
would u like it if i killed u then took pictures of u looking like u seen a ghost?

Those fish posters.

Post 6

stevelufc

Researcher,

Might I point something out to you? - I know this may seem glaringly obvious but it is possible you may have not noticed - You are not using a mobile phone! You are using a computer with a perfectly good keyboard (which hopefully has all the proper letters on it) and it doesn't cost you more if your message is longer due to using proper words. As I said you may not be aware of this so I thought you might find it a little helpful to know and then you can cut out the F**kwit speak.

No Thanks Necessary I am quite happy just knowing I have helped

Those fish posters.

Post 7

iainthetroll

XLNT comeback!!!

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more