This is the Message Centre for minorvogonpoet

I'd like to run smehting by you, regarding the Hooverville City Hall

Post 1

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Hi, Minorvogonpoet

I've been writing my Arsenio Philpotts entries several days ahead, and I've realizd that my planned entry for the 20th affects the City Hall, though not your character specifically.

But I'd just like to let you know anyway. The entry is about a rehearsal of the Hooverville Madrigal Group, which plans to mount a production of "The messiah. This is what the entry says:

"This was the most ambitious season so far: at a function room of the Town Hall, a week before Christmas, the group was to perform Handel's "Messiah: The Christmas section.""

Some city halls have auditoriums big enough to acomodate concerts.

let me know if this is okay with you.

Paul/Arsenio

Post 2

Hi, Minorvogonpoet

I've changed my mind,or rather Arsenio has made other arrangements.

The separation of church and state in this country is going to prevent religious pieces like The Messiah from being performed in municipal buildings.

So, my character will not need to get your character's permission to mount the piece in City Hall.

Instead, it will be performed in the Dixonic Lodge, as a benefit concert to raise money for Hooverville Hospital (affecitonately known as "Hoo Ho), which wants to build a trauma center. With those sabretooth tigers running around, some trauma cases are likely to arise. smiley - yikes

Post 3

Hello, again.

False alarm about having "The Messiah" in City Hall. It was decided that it should be performed in the Dixonic Lodge instead.

But would it be okay to put up a poster advertising the event?

Post 4

minorvogonpoet

Hi Paulh. Sorry I didn't see your earlier posts.

Fred Ireland and his men are climbing up the wall of the Town Hall to clean the Lady of Justice. The Mayor thinks they're crazy.

A few posters would be sane and normal, I think!

Post 5

Thank you. smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for minorvogonpoet

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more