This is the Message Centre for minorvogonpoet

Subbing Sandwich Cake

Post 1

SashaQ - happysad

Hi minorvogonpoet

I'm your Sub-editor for Classic Sandwich and Sponge Cakes. The new version is A87930138 - please subscribe!

Thanks again for writing this! I added a few more links and made some tweaks to the layout just to make everything as clear as possible, so I hope everything is still OK for you.

The only question I had while subbing was about separating the eggs. If the eggs aren't separated, they are mixed into the butter and sugar before the flour is added. If they are separated, when is each piece added?

smiley - ok

Subbing Sandwich Cake

Post 2

minorvogonpoet

Thanks for subbing this entry, SashQ smiley - smiley.

I agree the piece about separating the eggs has got a bit confusing, probably because I was trying to incorporate other people's comments. It might be better to say something like 'The yolks are beaten with the margarine and sugar until creamy. The whites are whisked until stiff and folded in carefully.The flour may be sifted into the mixture.' The object of this is to incorporate as much air as possible.

Subbing Sandwich Cake

Post 3

SashaQ - happysad

Thanks mvp smiley - ok

I added that in so the Entry is ready for you to check - if you're happy with everything I will send it on its way to the next stage smiley - ok

Subbing Sandwich Cake

Post 4

minorvogonpoet

Thanks, Sasha. This looks good now.smiley - smiley

All I need now is a decent photo.smiley - erm

Subbing Sandwich Cake

Post 5

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - biggrin

Subbing Sandwich Cake

Post 6

minorvogonpoet

I made a chocolate sandwich cake. smiley - cake It worked fine, though I lined my tins with baking paper, which meant they came out very easily and cleanly. smiley - smiley

I now have a respectable photo!

Subbing Sandwich Cake

Post 7

h2g2 Guide Editors

Congratulations! Your Entry is on the Front Page today smiley - magicsmiley - cakesmiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for minorvogonpoet

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more