A Conversation for Bring Back Dangermouse!

Danger Mouse Petition

Post 1

Mike A (snowblind)

Inspiration mined from here:
http://www.h2g2.com/forumframe.cgi?forum=37132&thread=46810

So, quite frankly, if you want to see DM again then post here (just once, preferably) and tell us your name so that the CITV PTB don't think I've just invented you *^_^*

Yeah, I know this idea is stolen from that other petition. Sorry. But it's good, and we need it.

Here goes, first one:

Michael Atkin

Danger Mouse Petition

Post 2

Robotron, formerly known as Robyn Graves and before that, GreyRose

Please, somebody, anybody, bring back Danger Mouse.

Robyn Webb

Danger Mouse Petition

Post 3

Katsy a.k.a. Esti

I miss DM

Esti Young

Danger Mouse Petition

Post 4

Tamsin ((5+3-1)×(7-1))

DM needs bringing back. Its one of the best cartoons ever.

Tamsin Mehew

Danger Mouse Petition

Post 5

Demon Drawer

Definatley bring back DM, he's the greatest. he's the best.

Stephen Glenn

Danger Mouse Petition

Post 6

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I'm all for bringing back Danger Mouse, with one small proviso - in English, please!

(I live in the North oof Scotland, and the last twice the series was shown it was dubbed into Gaelic...)

Peet McKimmie

Danger Mouse Petition

Post 7

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Apologies for the second posting, but a small point - you mention the CITV PTB at the top... As far as I remember, the rights to show Danger Mouse are owned by the BBC - perhaps you should forward the petition through Cosgrove-hall and let them send it to the most appropriate PTB...? (I'm sure the Gaelic version was on BBC2 Scotland in the afternoons)

Danger Mouse Petition

Post 8

Mike A (snowblind)

I too need to make a second post - blasphemy smiley - bigeyes

Do you know where I can contect Cosgrove Hall, or where I should send mail to the BBC?

Danger Mouse Petition

Post 9

I just used "TellThemNow.com" in an attempt to track down Brian Cosgrove - I'll let you know if I have any success. (I found one Brian Cosgrove listed, but he's working in the US as a music producer, so it may not be the right guy...)

Danger Mouse Petition

Post 10

Deirved

Bring back DM? Weeeeeellll......Alright but only cos I learned everything I know from Baron Silas Greenback. Now *there's* a role model for kiddies! smiley - smiley

Simon Hill

Danger Mouse Petition

Post 11

Muddy Wallis - Bluesgirl

Love DM, and never was there a sidekick as trusty as Penfold. Add me to this truely worthy cause.

Danger Mouse Petition

Post 12

Deirved

Actually I just did a quick search on DM. According to what I found, the rights to DM and all the other cool toons from Cosgrove/Hall while they worked for Thames Television (Who remembers Alias the Jester and Chorlton and the Wheelies?) were put into a new company called Thames Animation Ltd (or something like that) which is now part of Pearson ( I think, I'm doing this posting on Monday morning clouded memory) Television. http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/5144/library.html
Whether they hold the world wide rights or just in the states, I'm not sure but a quick search for DangerMouse on that site will bring you to their page on him. Perhaps they are the people to approach to see if anyone intends screening it again soon.

Danger Mouse Petition

Post 13

Deirved

Actually that link is wrong, that's the Unofficial Thames TV page (still worth a look for its stuff on DM and other Thames Cartoons, and it's where I found out about Pearson. The Pearson link ought to be http://www.pearsontv.com/ . Try it maybe?

Danger Mouse Petition

Post 14

Well, that seems fairly conclusive - Pearson own the distribution rights worldwide, and they hold a 24% share in Channel 5... So, the C5 PTBs are the most likely to respond! The 5-minute or 11 minute variants (cliffhanger episodes) would fit well into the "Cult" Sunday slot after "Daria"... smiley - smiley

Danger Mouse Petition

Post 15

(It wasn't the same Brian Cosgrove... drat.)

Danger Mouse Petition

Post 16

Jonathan Brisby

Stephen Harris

Danger Mouse Petition

Post 17

Martin Harper

Ooh, add me too. Martin Harper, [email protected].

Fave character HAS to be the narrator. He was just SO cool... smiley - smiley

Danger Mouse Petition

Post 18

Researcher 136309

Stone the crows, bring back Danger Mouse. I miss Penfold too. I still have six hours on tape. dogsbody3

Danger Mouse Petition

Post 19

Odradek (she who lurks, green Lifesaver-like)

You're dang skippy l want my Dangermouse back, Paco! Sign me up, my good man/woman/entity...

AC Deger

Danger Mouse Petition

Post 20

Mike A (snowblind)

Those who have asked have been added to the list. But to anyone else who signs in here: this is a petition thread, not a sign-me-up thread, so I will not add you unless you ask.
So that should clear up any confusion smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more