A Conversation for Heavy Metal

Manowar

Post 1

Modest Mart

The best heavy metal band in the world or the worst, they are 100% metal.

Hail the four kings!

Iron Maiden

Post 2

The Jedi Master

Not going to argue here, as you know that Iron Maiden are the best.

Iron Maiden

Post 3

Modest Mart

Yes but not recently, lets hope form returns thanks to the reform.

One thing can be said that Manowar are consistantly good but Maiden have monsterous classics.

Iron Maiden

Post 4

The Jedi Master

True, But I didn't think that Blaze Bailey's stuff wasn't that bad ! (It's just a shame he has such a sad name)

What other stuff do you like ?
I am into most bands, but I think my current favorites (bearing in mind this will probably change tomorrow !) include :
Queensryche
Skid Row
Iron Maiden
Bon Jovi
Skin
Alice Cooper

Iron Maiden

Post 5

ProfWitch

What about Aerosmith ? Okay, not technically a metal band I'll give you but still excellent!

Of course, the only drawback to Steve Tyler is that godawful daughter of his who thinks she can act!

Metal (The Best of)

Post 6

Modest Mart

The best Metal bands in the world (in my opinion and in no particular order are)

Manowar(of coarse)
Iron Maiden
Slayer
Machine Head
Fear Factory
Nevermore
Skyclad
Old Queensryche
Sepultura
Testament
Tool
Coal Chamber (Yes I consider them Metal)
Face Down
Old My Dying Bride
Therion
Anathema
(I could go on but I wont)

Iron Maiden

Post 7

Harvester

you got that right, but there will always be manowar to remind you of what could have been ...

Metal (The Best of)

Post 8

Harvester

it's good that you dont
poser

Iron Maiden Vs. Manowar

Post 9

Black Ice

I personally don't rate either band that high on my list of all time favorites. But if I had to choose a favorite there would be no contest. Manowar all the way. Iron Maiden has always dissapointed me by seemingly just going on about any drivel that they think kids will find cool.

It is not at all thought provoking in any way. At least Manowar have some excellent bass solos, plus they can really kick ass.

Listen to "Sting of the Bumblebee" (yes we all know ots flight of the bumblebee played on a bass) and also "Demons Whip" which is really meaty.

Iron Maiden Vs. Manowar

Post 10

Modest Mart

Perhaps they should have a big fight with swords and hammers etc.

That way Manowar would win!

Iron Maiden Vs. Manowar

Post 11

Black Ice

I think I see a special edition of "Celebrity Deathmatch" coming on!!!!!!!

Iron Maiden Vs. Manowar

Post 12

Modest Mart

WWF Metal special edition!

Speaking of which, is it just me or does Heavy Metal have HUGE influences in Wrestling?

Iron Maiden Vs. Manowar

Post 13

Lord DrelDragon

going back a bit. There really is no contest MANOWAR are the BEST HM band ever. Maiden only really had one realy good album (number of the beast) the rest ended up all wishy washy.

Iron Maiden Vs. Manowar

Post 14

Modest Mart

Iron Maiden have reformed and I expect great things from them, they want to be the Best HM band in the world and to be honest I have got bored with the likes of Korn.

Korn are too far gone (up their own as*). I hope they do knock Korn from their dizzy heights.

In any case, never will they be a patch on the Loudest HM band in the world and the most faithful.

Iron Maiden Vs. Manowar

Post 15

Mad Max

If Maiden would have stuck with Paul Di'Anno, they would still be recognised. Number of the Beast was the best album (though I also like Powerslave), but that doesn't cover the fact that Bruce Dickinson couldn't sing live.

Paul Di'Anno could (Maiden Japan).

Either way, Black Sabbath was better (Can't beat the original).

Iron Maiden Vs. Manowar

Post 16

Metal_Messiah

What the hell do you mean, Maiden would still be recognised? The new album got to #2 in the charts, in the meantime Paul Di'Anno has long since vanished into obscurity!

Iron Maiden Vs. Manowar

Post 17

Elenitsa

Sorry guys Maiden never my glass of Jack Daniels.....far too operatic. Give me Megadeth, Motorhead et al any day..

Iron Maiden Vs. Manowar

Post 18

Laban9

Manowar, Iron Maiden and......(Ok Metallica)

Key: Complain about this post