A Conversation for Vampires

mirror-images

Post 1

?

"...that a rabid man cannot bear to look at his own reflection in the mirror..."

Couldn't the origin of this belief be found somewhere else?
Rabid animals or people would most likely suffer from aquaphobia (fear of water), and in those days (when mirrors were not exactly necessary utensils), people often used flat containers with water, or bodies of water, to look at their reflections.

I thought...

Post 2

St.Trin 5!/5 + 2 + 7 + 9 = 42

...that the vampire myths came from people who had anemia,
not rabies...

I thought...

Post 3

?

But still, it's the rabid ones that go around biting others...

I thought...

Post 4

Poor Vlad Dracule!!!!!!

I never imagined he had rabies!!

smiley - smiley

smiley - starTrinsmiley - star

I thought...

Post 5

?

'Vat'f noffing!" Vlad said, foaming redly at his mouth...

you...

Post 6

...seem 2 know alot around vampires...

should I start worrying???

smiley - starTrinsmiley - star

you...

Post 7

?

Only about my reading-habits maybe... smiley - winkeye
Although I AM an insomniac and prefer my steak rare! Maybe I should start worrying myself? smiley - vampire

you...

Post 8

Oh dear...
you should start playing "Masquarade" or something.. you sound like me in me teens...

which is fairely enought near... and still buggin me!

Try reading Dampire Stillbonr (comic) or you have already?????

smiley - starTrin

you...

Post 9

?

I used to buy and read lots of comics, even though American comics are fairly hard to come by in Belgium.
My favourite series (Grendel, Swamp Thing, Sandman, Doom Patrol, ...) have all been cancelled or discontinued for one reason or another, so I simply stopped buying other ones. smiley - sadface

smiley - ok Nice, sounding like a teen when I'll be 40 next year! It proves I'm right about age being something in your head!

you...

Post 10

Jed the Humanoid -Keeper of things lost down the back of the sofa-also the Chief Mad Drunken Warrior of the Anti Squirrel League

Sandman was very very very very cool..Neil Gaimann produces amazing fiction..especially in the Sandman series...His collaboration with Terry Pratchett..Good Omens..was good as well

you...

Post 11

whats that about Pratchett and Gaiman!??! smiley - wow

you...

Post 12

Jed the Humanoid -Keeper of things lost down the back of the sofa-also the Chief Mad Drunken Warrior of the Anti Squirrel League

Pratchett and Gaiman collaborated to make the book Good Omens...or sort of humourous take on the apocalypse (ala Robert Rankin's armageddon series) with some very dark and gaiman like imagery. How about an excerpt from the books 'About the author' section to provide an insight into the work they did (its a great book incidentally..and I'm reaiding from my signed copy (albeit only signed by Pratchett)
"Terry pratchett gets up early in the mornings, Neil Gaiman early in the afternoons. This book was created in the four or five hours every day when both of them were awake"...I don't know why but i kinda like that..the picture in the front cover looks suitably mysterious and ominous as well..which is cool..i strongly advise you read it if you're a fan of either of these authors..i mean..its probably more pratchett than gaiman as far as the writing is concerned...which seems most obvious during the humourous narrative...but Gaiman had a strong influence that is apparent..to be honest this is my favourite Pratchett work. Better than Discworld...just.

you...

Post 13

smiley - groan ok.. Im not jealous...

smiley - wahsmiley - wahsmiley - wahsmiley - wahsmiley - wahsmiley - wahsmiley - wahsmiley - wah

on second though YES I AM!
Never heard about that book before, Im going to go buy it ASAP!

Only thing is, those kind of books, and comic books, usually don't get around to my country that easily... I have to wait...

smiley - sadface

you...

Post 14

What country is that..incidentally.
Good Omens is not a graphic novel..its a standard novel
If you can get Discworld you can probably get Good Omens..yuou'll love it

you...

Post 15

I live in Greece.

In Athens there are only 2 stores that sell comic books and graphic novels and they are Soooo expensive! smiley - groan

I tried getting them by Amazon, but it takes 3-6 months to deliver... smiley - grr

I'll keep an eye out or order it... I MUST get it! smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post