A Conversation for Amiga Owners

Amiga owners

Post 1

Treble Six

Hi,
we are a strange bunch aren't we. We treat our Amiga's with great respect, and they take presidence over anything else.
We love anything with the word Amiga on it, matches anyone, lol.
Long live the Amiga .... Open your mind, not your wallet!

Amiga owners

Post 2

RobinP

I have to open my wallet to keep my amiga up 2 scratch! But everything
I buy now could be plugged straight into a PC if required, why? Cos my
patience is running out, the rhetoric of successive "Amiga Acquiring"
Companies is begining to get repetatively placating, it's the 'let's
keep 'em happy' patter. I will believe it when I see IT.

Amiga owners

Post 3

Rammesses

True - it's been a dry few years. But at least Gateway have put serious money into Amiga. Everything I've heard in the industry and from user groups points to a company that really listens to users (amazing in itself) and will do whatever it has to to progress the platform. Remember that before the recent restructuring, they were talking about OS 3.5 in Q4 1999 at the earliest and OS 4 in 2000. Now it's OS 3.5 in Q2 and OS 4 in Q4, along with the new hardware.

I agree with waiting and seeing - but nothing's going to keep me away from the World of Amiga show this summer when the first new stuff debuts!!!!!

Amiga owners

Post 4

Pobice

Amiag is no longer with gateway. They have abbonded them. Amiga is now with Tao Group.

The one thing I miss about my Amiga is the fact it was a hell of a lo more reliable the PC with windoze. Also the OS was a lot smaller, did almost the same things, was written before Windows and didn't take up half your computers memomery.

Long Live The Amiga.

The Amigas Dead.

OK The Amigas Probaly Dead

Ok Then The Amiga is in Resusitation.

Robert Nayloe
[email protected]
http://www.pobtg.co.uk

Amiga owners

Post 5

Eolo

While the Amigas future is and has been shrouded in uncertainty for what seems like an eternity, the Amiga definitely lives because of folks like us... Actually, I shouldn't include myself since my Amiga's monitor is sitting on my Mac right now...

But with three computers in my house, an IBM-compatible PC, a Mac, & an Amiga 3000, which is my favorite? The Amiga.

'Nuff said.

Amiga owners

Post 6

RobinP

Dec 2000!!!!!!!!! Guess this thread's dead then, BUT... Guess what, Whilst my PC still manages to trash itself on a regular basis, my "wired into a tower & online" A1200 still manages to get me online as a last resort and has not had to be reinstalled/formatted since.... er... was it '94 or '95?

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Amiga Owners

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more