This is the Message Centre for BlueJaie

The Improved Frozen Pizza

Post 1

BlueJaie

Years ago the frozen food industry attempted to create the impossible. A fresh pizza from the frozen food section. Oh, sure. It looked like a pizza sometimes. It was round, had the usual ingredients thrown on top. Mostly tomatoe stuff and spicy round disks called pepperoni with fake cheese. This "fresh" dish was heated in the oven, (variable times depending on oven heat efficiency and altatude). Very time efficient. However, it tasted like cardboard with plastic decorations. Today, either the product has changed or I have. I couragiously bought one of these frozen platters on sale today and heated it up! The technology has indeed improved this pizza pie stuff and I am impressed. The only thing missing was the Italian music and dripping candle in an old wine bottle with those red and white checkered table clothes. Stay tuned for the inclusion of holograms and scratch and sniff technology to bring this all about.

Post 2

Mustapha

I agree. Frozen food technology has improved in leaps and bounds. By far the greatest invention is that glossy line paper bag that allows you to brown foods in the microwave.

There is a local brand of frozen meat pie in NZ, that uses this method. Just snip off the ends of the packet the pie comes in, then nuke it for five minutes. Beautifully browned and crispy pastry. Just the thing for a winter's night with a plate of hot chips and lashings of tomato sauce.

To avoid possible cultural confusions over pies, click here: http://www.h2g2.com/A290909

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for BlueJaie

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more