A Conversation for Office Sandwich Vans

Burger Vans

Post 1

I Am Iron Man

There's also the phenomenon of burger vans, which rather than hanging around outside offices, hang around outside clubs. They begin to appear at about 10-ish, and reach their peak, coincidentally, at around the time the club closes. Some clubs, which fhave a large frontage, such as our student union, can attract three or even four vans at once, all producing good old traditional burgers. These are essentially BSE in a bun, but taste surprisingly good. Every time I leave to a club, and a burger van is outside it, I'll buy one. Once I even got a burger from one just for my tea. That was quite interesting.

Unfortunately, those spoilsports in the white-and-neon-yellow Vauxhall Omegas come along occasionally and move the lovely burger vans away, muttering things like "you haven't got a licence for this, sir, I'm going to have to move you."

Burger Vans

Post 2

Boys and Cake Girl

There's also the hot dog stands which appear in Trafalger Square when the night buses start running : They always smell great but I've managed to retain my grasp on sanity and not given in yet.

Burger Vans

Post 3

Leovinus

During my high school years, I worked in a burger/hotdog van on a Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights outside our local town hall. I couldn't drive at the time so my boss would drive the converted mini-van to the usual spot (about 7pm) and then come and collect me later (about midnight). The money was quite good as I remember it. Far better than my other mates Saturday jobs.
It was common to be very busy around 10:30pm as the various pubs emptied and the semi-conscious patrons came for their usual burgers/hotdogs on the way to a local chinese/indian resturant.....

Burger Vans

Post 4

nollyo

we own a burger van, its hard work, not as much money made as you think, but its great fun. We serve lots of strange people at our little layby, and lots of men from the local council come to scratch their heads and tell us we are 3 inches on their land (we sit on a farmers field).If you want to get away from it all and do something daft then get a burger van and cook some mean bacon and egg butties, people will come from miles away to sample good food.smiley - teasmiley - tea

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more