A Conversation for Stairway to Heaven

Stairway to heaven ban

Post 1

Researcher 148849

You mean thay actually ban the song in music inst' stores?, I tought
that that the ban "---someone I don't remember--- SHOW" movie was a joke!

Stairway to heaven ban

Post 2

Granny Weatherwax - ACE - Hells Belle, Mother-in-Law from the Pit - Haunting near you on Saturday

In our local store, they've banned the into to Smoke on the Water as well.

Stairway to heaven ban

Post 3

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

I think you're talking about the movie Wayne's World. Mike Myers goes into the shop to buy his beloved '65 Fender Stratocaster, and kneels down in front of it and calls it "Excalibur." His girlfriend, played by Tia Carrere, fawns over it, before Wayne (Mike Myers) summons an attendant with a "May I help you" riff on another guitar. He tests it out by playing the first three notes to Stairway before the attendant grabs the frets and points out the sign in the back of the store, "Absolutely No Stairway to Heaven."

And yes, I HAVE seen that movie too many times, thank you very much. smiley - winkeye

Stairway to heaven ban

Post 4

Marc, RoD, Muse of BAATPTADOUBRA. NAVO,ASPATB,SGLGAHOMQ.

I saw a sign in a guitar store in London that actually said, "Absolutely no Stairway to Heaven, Sweet Child of Mine, Smoke on the Water, or Back in Black". I guess it would get tedious to hear it played (badly?) several times a day, every day...

Keyboards too

Post 5

AgProv4

Deep Purple get the double here - I've been in music stores selling keyboards that could well slam the piano lid down on your fingers, with prejudice, if you DARE play the intro to "Child In Time"...

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more