This is the Message Centre for Breadmower

Back again

Post 1

Breadmower

OK - this time I have an excuse for being away: I reformatted and lost all of my cookies, then forgot what my BBC login was. Well, not so much "forgot" as "didn't realise that usernames (not just passwords) were case sensitive". Result: couldn't log in for 3 weeks smiley - erm

The question that begs to be asked is "What kind of login system needs you to enter your username to get you password?". Surely you should be able to just give your email address and have your password mailed to you (like - dare I say it - ever other system that I can think of). That's very handy for people like me who don't have great memories.

(BTW: Before anyone says it - yes, I know that the login is handled by the BBC and not H2G2, so I really should be moaning at them, but I'm here now, and I'm too lazy to move to a different page.)

Key: Complain about this post

Back again

More Conversations for Breadmower

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more