A Conversation for Caution Wet Floor

Caution Wet Floor

Post 1

Livzy

The obvious answer is to have a
"Caution, Caution Wet Floor Sign, Sign"
This would be at least seven feet high and five feet across.
No chance of missing that one!!!

Caution Wet Floor

Post 2

I Am Iron Man

Or you could dry the floor after cleaning smiley - smiley

Caution Wet Floor

Post 3

Livzy

Or wait until the store/restuarant/club etc is closed/quiet

Caution Wet Floor

Post 4

Livzy

Or use my new invention of dry water

Caution Wet Floor

Post 5

Ormondroyd

When I'm unsteady on my feet, it's usually caused by liquids other than water.

Caution Wet Floor

Post 6

Jake

Funny you should mention that actually, Lizzy, because I actually suggested that in my original article.

But they cut that bit. Gits.

Article 207190 if you are interested.

Caution Wet Floor

Post 7

Hmmm. Perhaps the sub-ed thought the Guide wasn't ready for the concept of recursive 'wet floor' signs?

Caution Wet Floor

Post 8

Bumblebee

Caution,Caution wet floor sign, sign
LOL, I love it!
-B-

Caution Wet Floor

Post 9

Researcher 112917

On the note of useful(?) signs, a famous politically correct attempt at signing at a Birmingham college...
Signs were placed strategically in stairwells saying 'mind your head'.
Some bright spark, quite rightly, pointed out that blind people would not see the warning.
Some other (not so) bright spark added braille to the signs, sadly resulting in blind students reading the message with their foreheads as they collided with the ceiling!
smiley - smiley

Caution Wet Floor

Post 10

Caveman, Evil Unix Sysadmin, betting shop operative, and SuDoku addict (Its an odd mix, but someone has to do it)

Remember of course that 'Wet Floor' signs are NOT instructions.

This gem of wisdom was mysteriously edited out of the article 'Fast Food Restaurant Users Manual' at http://www.h2g2.com/A182945 by some commie mutant traitor (see thread on Paranoia at http://www.h2g2.com/A271144

Thankyou for listening to this advert, we return you now the regularly scheduled flame war...

Caution Wet Floor

Post 11

Joolsee

As a very tall person, I quite often smash my head against signs designed to improve health and safety. Thus I get incremental brain damage, but in a good cause.

I seem to remember reading a report about a worker raising a pendent up a flag pole to celebrate one hundred (or some such number of) accident free days at a power station. He was injured when the pulley came away from the top of the mast and hit him on the head.

Caution Wet Floor

Post 12

You gotta laugh, eh?

I would, however, like to point out that that particular story sounds very much like an Urban Legend and therefore is quite possibly fictional.

26199, The Eternal Sceptic smiley - smiley

Caution Wet Floor

Post 13

Joolsee

Having done some brain racking, I am pretty sure this came from Steven Pile's "Book of Heroic Failures". True? I've no idea.

Caution Wet Floor

Post 14

That's a good book smiley - smiley.

Chances are, though, that it's been around for ages.

Caution Wet Floor

Post 15

I Am Iron Man

Have you ever read "The REturn of Heroic Failures", by that very same man? It's just as good as the original. Haven't read it for ages though...

Caution Wet Floor

Post 16

Joolsee

I've not seen the second book. If anyone has a copy, I wouldn't mind a borrow of it.

Caution Wet Floor

Post 17

I'll have it when you're finished...

Caution Wet Floor

Post 18

Jake

Clearly he has a low boredom threshold.

Caution Wet Floor

Post 19

Jake

On that topic, I read about a firm who had a five year safety record - totally accident free - so in an effort to maintain this, they showed their employees a special video showing about the dangers of industrial accidents and the ramifications. Apparently it was so gorey, that in a rush to leave the room, many of the employees fell over and broke bits of themselves, passed out, yahdy yah...

Sounds like a load of rubbish, I must confess, but a cute tale nonetheless.

Caution Wet Floor

Post 20

Jake

Ah, Stephen Pile. What a god.

Key: Complain about this post