A Conversation for Beer sodden guide to Durham

You missed some....

Post 1

Just-another-number

The Victoria for a start.... an excellent pub with very nice beer. You also forgot to warn anyone about the New Inn. More research is needed for this entry, namely more pub sampling...... We need to try the Old Elm tree and the Angel.

You missed some....

Post 2

Screamadelica

I did say it wasn't finished. I'm not happy with it yet.

You missed something else!!!

Post 3

Pete - Researcher: 119100.

Collingwood college bar now has guest ales. yum.

Post 4

Katsy a.k.a. Esti

Enjoying h2g2 then?

I'mn not sure but has anyone given you a formal welcome?

If not, here's one: As an ACE (assisstant community editor), it is my duty to introduce you to h2g2 and be of some help to you. If you need anything, ask me!

Post 5

Grendel

Other good pubs in Durham..

The Neville's Cross Hotel (out of the way, but v. cheap, nice ales)
The Duke of Wellington (top of Potters Bank, past St. Aidan's)
The Market Tavern (in the market square, lovely beers & good grub too)
Scruffy's on New Elvet (good atmos, and they let you put Countdown on the telly in the afternoons)
The Court Inn (famous for it's classic pub grub - beer is iffy though)

Places to avoid..
Saints (poncey & pricey)
New Inn (full of rahs from Collingwood, used to be alright till they turned it into an "It's a Scream" theme pub and wrecked all it's character)

God, I miss the place...

Post 6

Katsy a.k.a. Esti

Are we talking about London? I lurrrrve London!

Post 7

Pete - Researcher: 119100.

Collingwood isn't full of Rahs, thought there are some. I think you'll find most of the Rahs in the New Inn are from Hatfield which is, after all, only a short walk away.

Post 8

Pastey

I happened to like Saints, during the day at least. Pricey I agree, but they thankfully had internet access there, and when you're a few hundred miles from your own machine, it's a god send.

Didn't like the Shakespeare one though. Went in with the wife and got some real funny looks.

smiley - rose

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Beer sodden guide to Durham

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more