A Conversation for 'Watership Down' - the Book and Film

Rabbit joke...

Post 101

Mike A (snowblind)

Yeah, that's cool.

(there's been talk that a certain 21 people of a certain h2g2 group may start pressurising cartton neywrork into showing a certain cartoon smiley - winkeye)

Rabbit joke...

Post 102

Gwennie

Really? *Raises eyebrows* Which one would that be, then?

Rabbit joke...

Post 103

Mike A (snowblind)

DANGERMOUSE!!!

You can check my 'latest 5 entries' on my homepage for more info smiley - smiley

Rabbit joke...

Post 104

The High Duke of Mars

DANGERMOUSE!!!???!!! smiley - smiley))

YESYESYES!!!

This Cartoon Network is the same as the US Cartoon Network??? Dangermouse is GREAT. smiley - smiley

In college my entire fraternity had to drop everything right after dinner to go up to the TV room to watch Dangermouse.

No wonder I flunked out, but what a GREAT cartoon. smiley - smiley

smiley - fish

-THDoM

Rabbit joke...

Post 105

Mike A (snowblind)

No sarcasm this time, right? smiley - winkeye

Last time I saw DM must have been 9 years ago. At school I was quoting the baddie, going "curses, curses!" And this girl goes and grasses me up!
Never gave it much thought from then up til a few weeks ago smiley - sadface

Rabbit joke...

Post 106

The High Duke of Mars

There was no sarcasm the last time. smiley - smiley That's why I laced my comment so profusely with smiles.

smiley - fish

-THDoM

Rabbit joke...

Post 107

Mike A (snowblind)

Mental! smiley - bigeyes

Bloody Rabbits...........

Post 108

Researcher 63920

I don't know about your (bloody) English bunnies, but our Eastern Cottontails make a damned fine barbeque sandwich...did one of your (bloke) readers mention bunny pie? Must be a different way of cooking them...barbequed coney, now That's eatin'! with a little East Tennessee Red Sauce or Carolina vinegar sauce and a fresh Merita bun and a cold one to blow the froth off of and you've got a meal...maybe a little cole slaw on top or some Tabasco...mmmmmmm, I'm getting hungry thinkin' 'bout it....

Bloody Rabbits...........

Post 109

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

I don't know much about Pommie (English) bunnies either. Have you ever tried throwing a prawn on the barbie?

Rabbit joke...

Post 110

Researcher 235144

I've no idea how I got here, but the first surprise is that so many postings are from the USA - and banging on about ancient TV sitcoms; I dunno. Well, I thought it may be of interest to some of you that the book,'WD' is more or less a re-write of "The Life of the Rabbit" by R.M.Lockley. Who is he? There is a small island in the Brisol Channel called Lundy which has only a few inhabitants and that made it an ideal choice for the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries to carry out their experimental work back in the 50's. Mr Lockley was part of the team which designed and produced Mixymatosis. This was done in an attempt to solve the infestation of rabbits in Australia and New Zealand. The project is viewed largely as a success even though the original form has mutated and it has a habit of popping up anywhere,i.e. it cannot be controlled. Naturally, he put it all down on paper, and I beieve Richard Adams does make him an acknowledgement at the start of his book. I expect a few of his millions would have been better received.
Plagiarism is a part of the literary world, and I believe we just have to accept it. However, sometimes it is a bit galling to see the echo achieve accolade where the original did not. I'm thinking particularly of 'The Sirens of Titan' by Kurt Vonnegut Jnr pubished here (UK) by Victor Gollance in about '57. It reappears as 'The Hitch-hikers Guide To the Gallaxy' by some-one or other, about a dozen years later. Maybe it's because we have a personal attatchement to our favourite books. Still, Kurt is the World President of the Humanist Society and I can't even remember the other bloke's name.
BTW - Poor old Art Garfunckle took a bit of a battering from youse guys. Shouldn't your ire be directed tawds Mike Batt, the writer of 'that' song. You may well loathe it, but he piled up the spondoolix with it, as well as all those dreadfull Womble songs.
I had a chat with him in English Harbour in Antigua, and he was feeling quite relaxed on board his nice big crewed yacht hanging out with Elton, Eric & 'ver lads'.
S'long Y'all, and, Oh...I had an absolutely fab time in the Carolinas & the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Michael.

Key: Complain about this post