A Conversation for Preparing a Chicken

This thread has been closed

Good going...

Post 21

Penguin Girl - returned at last

Sounds like fun...
Do you, by any chance, have a more exact recipe for those veginuggets? Sounds yummy....mmmmmm

Good going...

Post 22

fabt

sorry, that's about as exact as i get.
i know we used a whole bag of instant potato if that's any help??????

Good going...

Post 23

Thanks anyway. I suppose I'll try it and attempt to come up with a slightly more exact recipe.

Good going...

Post 24

MaW

Save us from University food, please! But then they do sound rather nice, even if they were made with instant potato. Perhaps they could be adapted to use some other ingredients?
smiley - fish

Good going...

Post 25

Researcher 93445

Pretty much anything that can be made with instant potato (eeesh) can also be made with real mashed potatoes. Just use a little less liquid in the recipe.

Good going...

Post 26

True. But if I've got real mashed potatos, i ether have to build volcanoes out of them or they're so old that complex and utopian civilizations of bacteria have begun to appear.

Good going...

Post 27

MaW

Real mashed potato should be mixed with blue stilton for maximum effect. Chicken, on the other hand, should always be cooked. It doesn't matter how you cook it (provided it doesn't involve mushrooms or beetroot) as long as it's cooked.

Good going...

Post 28

The only meat you don't have to always cook(at least of the ones I eat, which doesn't include beef) is fish, if that even counts as a meat. Sushi can be very good... but I don't recommend getting any of it that actually conatins raw fish from a collee grocery store...the rest was quite good though.

Good going...

Post 29

Researcher 93445

Steak tartare is uncooked beef. There's been a lot of scare over this the past few years, but if you're careful it's safe.

Sushi is definitely more common these days, probably because of its yuppie cachet.

Good going...

Post 30

Yup. That's more or less who introduced me to it - my mom's yuppie friends. You do have to be careful though, when eating any meat raw.

Good going...

Post 31

aliluh

I read this because I have 2 surviving chickens from an original 'flock' of 4. We have now added 3 new ones (introduced gradually, as per text books), and 8 weeks down the line 1 of the originals is still bullying, despite being taken away & reintroduced, she chases & denies them access to food. When having the run of a quarter of an acre of garden she will follow them and peck and chase. She hasn't laid for over 5 months. Our chickens have names but are not considered pets. Therefore, she was a working bird (eggs) and I feel that it would be more dignified for her to be killed and eaten than 'put to sleep' and buried in the garden. I'm going to do the deed tomorrow, so sorry if this upsets anyone. However, I will add that instead of hanging her and cutting her neck I intend to do a quick bullet to the head and then cut the neck. She won't be aware or frightened.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Preparing a Chicken

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more