This is the Message Centre for Jim

Ghana

Post 1

Jehovsa

I'm going down to Ghana to do some serious field-research (Feb. 25th. 2000). I could use some help in terms of a tip regarding a CHEAP!!! place to sleep in Accra or nearby. Also I it would be cool to meet for some beverage... And how about fish??? smiley - fish

Ghana

Post 2

Jim

Sorry it's taken so long to reply...been living in an altered state of reality for a while.... You could try the YMCA on Castle Road, near Museum Circle. It's in the centre of Accra and very cheap. Failing that try the Hotel Tropicana on Tudu Road. Beer in Ghana is very good. Popular brands are Star, ABC and Club. I prefer ABC. If you buy it in draught form ('bubra'), it's even cheaper. At the moment the cedi is running at 5700 to the £, but shop around as different Forex's give different rates. I will be in Accra at the end of August. If you take a taxi to Teshie-Nungua Estates and ask anybody for Julies Spot, our's is the house opposite - the only one with a wall around it ( No 6 Atolklo St). Would be glad to offer you a cool'n'frosty.

Ghana

Post 3

Jehovsa

Thanx a bundle! And welcome to our little corner of reality. I'll have to take a raincheck on the cool'n'frosty. I'll be returning to Europe in late march. But later, perhaps!

Ghana

Post 4

Jim

Nae problems, pal!

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Jim

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more