This is the Message Centre for Awghost5

HELP!!!!!!

Post 1

Awghost5

I know this post is going to sound as if I'm completely ignorant. Well, when it comes to any kind of computer formatting, well... I am quite ignorant. I have absolutely no clue how to manipulate HTML, XTML, anything! I took one look at the "view source" option on my browser, and nearly went into cardiac arrest. Where can I learn the very basics (VERY, VERY basics) about building any kind of website? Information written in basic English would be preferable. I feel like I'm trying to speak a language without knowing the alphabet.

HELP!!!!!!

Post 2

jbliqemp...

Have you clicked on the don't panic in the upper left corner of the screen? There's lots of stuff on GuideML. I should probably know, though- were you looking to learn the basics of HTML or XML as a markup language for any site or just h2g2? I have to admit that my own understanding of HTML and XML is limited.. I sat in on a tutorial a friend of mine was taking for HTML, but I don't remember the specifics. Stop by my site and see if that's what you were looking for.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Awghost5

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more