This is the Message Centre for MadSnacker-h2g2 ambassador to Yorkshire and the UK

Ambassador M.S.and Prof's 1 to 1 convo' - please respect it

Post 12421

MadSnacker-h2g2 ambassador to Yorkshire and the UK

Hmm..
Looks like my posting problems are acting up.
I'll say goodnight, mate. Good to see you as always.

Post 12422

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

from fires and smoke signals, to semaphore flags, onward to pigeon post and Morse code via radio waves, to computers and the internet smiley - winkeyecommunication has advanced greatly!
BUT! smiley - winkeyeturn off the electricity or "add a computer hiccup etc" smiley - laughand now a days - we're "f"d smiley - winkeyesmiley - winkeye

Post 12423

Absolutely!!
smiley - rofl
We have a staggering dependence on modern technology. It's a wonder why we're not seeing widespread disaster daily to to breakdown of "The Grid". Oh, my mistake. I've forgotten about California's fire problems, and the "solution" of cutting power to masses of people to avoid fires.

My bad.
smiley - ermsmiley - blush

I hope that you're well, and that you've not been wearing your smiley - cool shades AGAIN as you choose your lotto numbers!!
smiley - nahnahsmiley - nahnahsmiley - whistle

In all seriousnesssmiley - goodluck tonight, mate. I hope you're going to be flush with £££ soon!!
smiley - drumrollsmiley - bubblysmiley - cheers

Post 12424

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - biggrinsmiley - smileyI'm ok MS, so far (fingers crossed) I ain't copped a cold (yetsmiley - laughsmiley - erm)
our weather is as per - unpredictable from day to daysmiley - grr
Wallet IS predictable smiley - winkeyestill emptysmiley - laugh

The constant in my life is smiley - smileyI'll never stop smiling, as I know "life" might be "shsmiley - winkeyet" - but I'll make it smell like smiley - rosesmiley - rosesmiley - rosesmiley - rosesmiley - rose

Post 12425

smiley - hugsmiley - biggrin
Good to see you still grinning, mate.
Keep up the defences against colds and flu. Over here, flu is making some noise, unpleasant noise. Personally. I can only hope I don't come in contact with a mutant strain that my jab won't cover.
smiley - erm
All else is pretty much the same. The soil removal progresses, maybe if we get the wet weather expected tomorrow, a day's stall??
We had a bit of a smiley - rolleyestoday. Our dustbins weren't seen to by the Sanitation Department. Too much stuff from the contractors in the way as the street is narrow at certain times of the day, with a church that is always busy with funerals, wakes, etc.
smiley - shrug
Oh,hum!! Could be worse. I'm sure you've seen the news about a Delta Airlines jet that made an emergency fuel dump over a populated area, yesterday?? Specifically on an elementary school. Nice, huh??

smiley - crosssmiley - grr
There's a pilot and airline that needs to be looked into.

Post 12426

"Delta Airlines jet that made an emergency fuel dump over a populated area"
yep! smiley - sadfaceand over schools smiley - grr They want fining heavily, there are protocols for dumping aviation fuel

Post 12427

Yes, and what problems are going to show up maybe decades later to those exposed??
smiley - ermsmiley - sadface
I'm thinking primarily of the kids, of course, but anyone might see something show up.
smiley - sadface

Post 12428

Re:Fuel Dump
1100-Saturday, 18 January 2020
News bulletin reports that Delta Airlines has been given a notice of violation from the South Coast Air Quality Management District. This opens the way for possible civil fines to be levied against the company.
Also, 4 teachers have filed a lawsuit askong for damages.

Post 12429

"Asking for damages"
smiley - erm

Post 12430

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51162248

I hope they winsmiley - smiley

Post 12431

As do I.
smiley - smiley
Well, Happy Independence Day, mate. I hope that the ensuing government shuffling about will not negatively impact you and your family.
smiley - hugsmiley - smiley
As per the Coronavirus Emergency, I hope that you and your family are going to be careful, at least until the questions concerning transmission are truly answered. I plan to stay away from large crowds in small rooms for a long while. No smiley - stiffdrink or movie going for me, then!!!
smiley - tongueoutsmiley - smiley
Otherwise for me, not much going on
It's going to be pretty warm til Sunday, when we return to"normal" Winter smiley - brr. We might even see some rain??
smiley - erm
I'll say it again:
It would be great if we could see at least a tenth of the rain that the UK sees, Summer, Winter, etc. We aren't so lucky, though.
smiley - sadface
Looks like water rationing is coming back here soon. I hope it isn't too bad.

In any case, be well. Don't overdo any partying for Brexit. I'll be avoiding #### surrounding the Super Bowl. Been there, done that, and I'm not interested in doing it again. I'll be watching out for drunks and other idiots, don't worry.

Take care and speak soon!
smiley - hug
Good luck tomorrow!!

Post 12432

http://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019

This is NOW classed as bigger than the Sars virus outbreak of about 2 years ago ? smiley - sadface

Post 12433

Hello, mate.
smiley - smiley
Sorry, but I'm dealing with a few side- effects from my medications, most likely my cholesterol control. It's going to most likely pass by tomorrow morning my time. I do plan on being here then.
smiley - smiley
Please keep safe, and give my best wishes to Mam and family. If you've not hit the smiley - mod with the Lotto, good luck ROW!!
smiley - hug
And by the way, thanks for contacting Rosa Baggins for me. I'm glad she's okay, save the computer problems.

Speak soon!!

Post 12434

HAPPY to see you here my friend! smiley - hug

Make sure you explain to the doc's every symptom you are experiencing with the med's ok! So he/they can adjust the best course smiley - ok

I've just got "my" doc (main one I trust) to up my ramipril (blood pressure) to the 10 mg I was on 2 year agosmiley - smileyand for a little white onesmiley - biggrinto "remove" the excess Potassium Salts that ramipril producesmiley - smiley

It's only taken about a year and half to get "them" round to MY way smiley - laughsmiley - laugh

Post 12435

At least you won a small victory, mate.
smiley - cheerssmiley - hug
Hopefully your an should keep you healthier for a long time. You too should keep watch for changes.
smiley - smiley
Coronavirus??
I agree that we need to monitor that closely. But the flu has killed 10000 people, so that is a major concern, too.
I got a series of vaccines just a few weeks ago. I hope they're going to do as needed.
All well with Mam and family.?
smiley - smiley

Post 12436

2 weeks ago I had the "flu jab" - I don't normally have it smiley - biggrin
But I thought smiley - doh even a small possible "defense" is better than non smiley - erm

when "we" up north encounter any problems as suchsmiley - biggrin we say:- "It's nowt to be sneezed at" smiley - laugh

corovirus etc IS! smiley - rofl

Post 12437

A87961819

from real namesmiley - smileyTo Animal/Prof smiley - winkeyeand who I am NOW! smiley - smiley

Post 12438

I see that it's nearly duvet time for you, mate. I'll let you get your rest.

Take care and I'll see you soon!!
smiley - hugsmiley - cheers
Funny how I've jabbed on and on even as I suffer.
smiley - tongueout
I do need a swift kick in the pants sometimes!!!
See you later, mate!!!
smiley - nur

Post 12439

you got mail ok MS smiley - smiley

Post 12440

Just got it, mate!!
smiley - winkeyesmiley - biggrin
Keep your peepers and lugholes open, and fight the foreign bugs!!!
smiley - nur

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for MadSnacker-h2g2 ambassador to Yorkshire and the UK

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more