This is the Message Centre for MadSnacker-h2g2 ambassador to Yorkshire and the UK

is it afternoon or evening over there ???

Post 50261

MadSnacker-h2g2 ambassador to Yorkshire and the UK

Well, glad to see that SOMEONE is keeping a sense of humour. Mine is quite the deserter and needs to be lined up and summarily executed.

smiley - sadfacesmiley - drumrollsmiley - drumrollsmiley - drumrollsmiley - sadface
I hope that you're spirits don't flag and that you're able to remain healthy. I'm not sickly as it were, but I'm no fun to be around.

Take care, all of you. I'll try to smiley - lurkabout more often to see what's going on.

Post 50262

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Every evening around 7:00, I take a leisurely stroll around the trailer park. The air air smells sweet and clean. The birds are singing. The bunnies are everywhere (they're fun to watch). This is my second favorite time of day (my favorite is breakfast).

I've been burned out because of unrelenting stresses stretching back to last Summer, but gradually an antidepressant that relaxes and calms me is gaining control over my anxiety attacks and feelings about never getting enough done. I had my first session with a clinician (on the telephone, naturally) was yesterday, and I liked his calm approach.

Just now I spent more than an hour at my computer listening to Jeannette Macdonald and Nelson Eddy sing wonderful music from their movies. (Actually, I started with Fred Astaire and the "Flying down to Rio" song, which never fails to perk up my spirits.

This morning I returned a pile of books to the library. I also got some shrimp with sauteed veggies from my favorite Chinese restaurant (They just reopened recently, but just for takeout food.)

My inheritance from my father has finally come through. I deposited half of it in the credit union; I expect that the mopey will sleep there. I plan to donate some of the inheritance to some food pantries, to help the millions who are out of work and hungry.

The trailer park is likely to get a new management company. Whatever you do, don't spill the beans to our old management company. I expect them to be annoyed with us, but they were pretty much useless for the last few months.

Post 50263

Here's to keeping quiet.
smiley - cheerssmiley - shhh

Post 50264

Sounds like you're coming through tour crises pretty well, Paul. I hope your recovery continues to be a constructive experience.
smiley - smiley

Post 50265

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - winkeyesmiley - winkeyeI hate bloody computerssmiley - laughsmiley - laugh

but only when they go wrong smiley - whistle

Post 50266

What kind of bandages do you use on bloody computers?

Post 50267

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

sledgehammer ones smiley - smiley or close too smiley - laugh

Post 50268

That would work for me.

Post 50269

smiley - laughIf I was richsmiley - ermI'd have a cupboard full of pc's (kept up to date) and if one went awolsmiley - laughit'd be binned and next one out smiley - laugh

Post 50270

How can a computer go AWOL? Wouldn't it just sit on the computer desk and plot to make your life a misery? smiley - bigeyes

Post 50271

smiley - laugh"They" say - it's a computer error smiley - doh computers don't make mistakes - it's the programmers that "put" the mistakes insmiley - winkeye
and then "us" not so savvy smiley - grr using trial and error, go and screw things up worse smiley - laughsmiley - laugh

Post 50272

What's unfortunate about "smart" machines is that they can keep getting improved, while the average human being is going to stay about the same from one generation to the next.

So, we get an inferiority complex about those computers and things. We don't need to, but the people who make them want us to feel awed by them.

Post 50273

Update from MS smiley - smiley due to the present demonstrations etc, he is keeping a low profile, but the area where he lives is actually quiet as suchsmiley - smiley

Post 50274

Yes I am fine, indeed.
smiley - smiley
My living space is located well away from the more affluent areas in (or around) the city.
It looks like the protesters have won some sort of victory here. Our mayor has promised no new funding of our force, with monies now to be shifted towards more "progressive" programs. I'm all for such, but the L.A.P.D. is woefully undermanned ans
as is...
smiley - ermsmiley - sadface

Post 50275

Dependence,is what it is, Paul. Near complete surrender of our "gumption" to the things.
smiley - erm
We have an inferiority complex,but boy do we scratch and fight to get the best place in line for the newest model phone or laptop coming out.
smiley - bruised

Post 50276

smiley - winkeyesmiley - laughsmiley - laughdue to the lockdown etc - all pubs and clubs are closed here- but! on afterthought smiley - doh I might open up "our" barsmiley - laughin hootoo..

Post 50277

Hmmm..
But what about all of the new rules and regs that'll have to be enforced??
Won't that take the fun out of the place???
smiley - ermsmiley - sadface

Post 50278

Nah! things will be as normal smiley - laughwhen the floor is full of "tab ends" start using the ashtrayssmiley - laugh

Post 50279

Aye, I guess so...
smiley - laughsmiley - laugh

Post 50280

Good to see that you've been doing better, Paulh. I hope you are able to
keep feeling better.
smiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for MadSnacker-h2g2 ambassador to Yorkshire and the UK

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more