This is the Message Centre for MadSnacker-h2g2 ambassador to Yorkshire and the UK

is it afternoon or evening over there ???

Post 49581

bobstafford

Good night to you smiley - smiley

Post 49582

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I would prefer that Mother Nature send us an inch of rain each week throughout the year, preferably at night when it won't ruin our picnics. smiley - smiley

(Hey, if you don't tell nature what you want, how is she going to know?)

Post 49583

bobstafford

She is a woman what do you expect!smiley - run

Post 49584

She has no gender, actually. She's not even really a person, making it even difficult to appease her. I try to plant as many different kinds of plants as possible. Maybe one of them will do the trick eventually.

Post 49585

MadSnacker-h2g2 ambassador to Yorkshire and the UK

You mean the margarine commercials gpt ot all wrong???
smiley - tongueout
False advertising at it's most cynical!!
smiley - biggrinsmiley - winkeye
Hope everyone is well!!

Post 49586

bobstafford

Yes thanks MS how are you and your weather

Post 49587

It is quite cool and windy here as of late..
☕☕
Definitely weather suited for cocoa and warm covers at bedtime. I did manage to keep dry though, and that makes a big difference.

Post 49588

Over the past few weeks there have been those who haven't been as lucky, and they've passed away. Actually, the weather has been at extremes here with cold and heat. Really has been problematic for everyone.
smiley - sadface

Post 49589

Still, I find myself well. No colds or flu to report, just allergies that are pccuring due to the garden area thinking it is Spring. It has been a long time since it has had an abundance of rain. Everything is blooming, growing, or flying about.
smiley - biggrin

Post 49590

Sorry for missing you this evening, I hope to see everyone soon!!
smiley - coffee
It's a wee bit cold for cider..
smiley - wahsmiley - wah
smiley - winkeye

Post 49591

bobstafford

Good night Mate pleased you are well and coping with the elements! Keep in touch smiley - cider

Post 49592

I'm here for a while, Mad Snacker. The last couple of days I've been sneezing, and my nose has been stuffed up. probably some very early tree pollen.

Post 49593

Hmm, I hope you're going to feel well soon, Paul.smiley - hug

Tree pollen. I've been fortunate to not have any bad reactions to that as of yet.

smiley - smiley

Post 49594

bobstafford

Hello No pollen problems yet MS, that's good news hope it lasts for you.smiley - biggrin

Post 49595

The sneezing went away when it got colder. I sneezed once today, which is not bad. This is the time of year when the maple sap starts to rise. I'm assuming that there's a bit of maple pollen in the air, except on very cold nights.

Post 49596

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - laughI gotta be the odd one outsmiley - laugh my hay-fever attacks in the winter months smiley - ermrunny nose and clearing throat (phlegm) etc smiley - doh nowt in spring/summer ?

Post 49597

No, prof, I get some of that at the same time you do. I *also* get some allergy symptoms in Spring and early Fall, but they are rarely severe.

I'm guessing that the dry air from your furnace may aggravate your sneezing. Maybe there's mold or fungus somewhere that gets into the air in your house?

Post 49598

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

sorry Paul, no furnace etc, but I found out that many plants apart from pollen - give off oils in the air ? and we now have the rapeseed plants all over the country and "my" hay-fever seems to have worsened from then ?

Post 49599

Hi guys!!
smiley - smiley

I am sorry that your cough has taken a tougher stand, smiley - prof. Hopefully things will calm down and you can finally see it off.
smiley - hug
But you're not so odd. I get heavy symptoms of allergy in winter as well.

I am glad that you're feeling better, Paul.

How's your dad doing???

Post 49600

Bob!!
smiley - smiley
Hope all is well with you, mate??
smiley - cider

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for MadSnacker-h2g2 ambassador to Yorkshire and the UK

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more