This is the Message Centre for MadSnacker-h2g2 ambassador to Yorkshire and the UK

is it afternoon or evening over there ???

Post 47821

MadSnacker-h2g2 ambassador to Yorkshire and the UK

Thanks, Bob.
smiley - cheers

Happy resting at your end too.
smiley - biggrin

Post 47822

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

You could try "Riders of the purple sage" by Zane Grey.

Post 47823

bobstafford

Thanks paulh smiley - booksmiley - cheers

Post 47824

It's an oldy but goody. i confess that I love purple flowers, whether sage or irises or asters. While I was reading "Riders," I was imagining the scent of those sage-covered prairies. smiley - flyhi

Post 47825

bobstafford

Yes purple flowers, whether sage or irises or asters, can't beat them there are plenty in the garden.

Riders sounds like a good read now where do I get a copy, perhaps there is there an e-book available smiley - smiley

Post 47826

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - smileypurple is my favourite colour, after Deep Purple-heavy rock band, one of my cars was metallic purplesmiley - smiley

Post 47827

Amazon has a kindle verison of it

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=riders+of+the+purple+sage+kindle

Post 47828

smiley - smiley

Post 47829

bobstafford

Thanks paulh smiley - ok

Post 47830

bobstafford

Hello MSsmiley - cheers

Post 47831

When it's this hot, an evening at the movies isn't a bad idea. Air-conditioning, comfy seats. etc. So I didn't have a great selection of movies to watch [I saw "Captain underpants"], but it was a lot more fun than"Revenant."

Post 47832

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40272168

not a terrorist action

Post 47833

I doubt that that will be much consolation to those who left loved ones. smiley - sadface

smiley - rose

Post 47834

Sorry, those who *lost* loved ones.

Post 47835

lots of problems arising, as in many many questions and no answers as yetsmiley - sadface

Post 47836

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/politics/other-politics/donald-trump?ev_oc_grp_ids=2944322

the bettings opensmiley - laughsmiley - laugh

Post 47837

Does everyone realize that impeachment means undergoing a trial, but not necessarily removal from office? Andrew Johnson was impeached in the 19th century, and William Clinton in the 20th Century. Neither was removed from office. Richard Nixon resigned before he could be impeached.

smiley - sigh

I wish that Trump could be trained to understand things that a president has to understand. To start with, a president is not above the law. Also, people besides the president have the right to decide that he is not doing a good job. It doesn't *matter* what Trump thinks about the proceedings. Other people count. He's not the center of the universe. He's the the closest thing to a solipsist that we've ever had to deal with! smiley - sadface

Post 47838

On the first category, I understand that impeachment describes a legal process,not a punishment. You are right about most folk here not knowingthat.
smiley - raisedeyebrowsmiley - rolleyes

Post 47839

Category two:
You are right about that as well, and the misplaced idea of "going it alone" will cost us all in the end.

I now am going to look up the definition of solipsist.
smiley - laugh

Post 47840

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solipsism

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for MadSnacker-h2g2 ambassador to Yorkshire and the UK

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more