A Conversation for The h2g2 Curators' Home Page

CF: Carrie Fisher

Post 1

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

A45870924

I have added the news of her passing (smiley - cry)

GB
smiley - galaxysmiley - run

Post 2

Icy North

{Carrie had a crush on Harrison Ford during their time filming: 'He could be a lot of fun, he's great when he's had a few drinks', and she has since admitted that they flirted with each other}

Fisher's latest memoir (I understand) says this was a full-on affair rather than flirting. She covered it in some detail during her appearance on the Graham Norton Show just before she died.

Post 3

Yes, I debated changing this, but that was the situation when I wrote the entry, but it was still a secret then. I saw the Graham Norton show with her appearance, and suspect that on the plane home she didn't leave her seat to exercise to prevent the clot that eventually killed her. Same thing has happened to others I can recall off the top of my head; Davy Jones, Gene Pitney.

Perhaps I should add that her latest memoir revealed their affair went on for three months during filming?

GB
smiley - galaxysmiley - rose

Post 4

Icy North

Yes, the BBC obit covers it, so I think it's worth saying, even if it's in a footnote. It does shine a light on the period they made those amazing films. Apparently she was on cocaine at the time too, but maybe this isn't so unusual these days.

Post 5

OK I have changed the footnote about Harrison Ford's non-commenting to confirmation of their affair in The Princess Diaristsmiley - ok

Post 6

Icy North

Thanks for that - I love your bio entries, and it's great to keep them up to date smiley - ok

Post 7

smiley - taI used to be known as the obit queen smiley - laugh but I don't have much time for writing these days unfortunately, and I still have an arm's length of entries I'd like to write...smiley - shrug

Key: Complain about this post